Wine, Wine, WINE!

Options
Hi, are there any other wine-o’s here...I love my wine, but I can't put it down...I'm doing well on all most everything else, so far, still need to shake 55 out, but on my way...if I can only get rid of my stomach and stop drinking wine! What has helped you?

Replies

• brittajane87
    brittajane87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am a huge wine fan! It is really hard, but I found most wines scan into the calorie counter...and I got a measurer for it and just keep track. I actually found that I enjoy it more if I limit myself to one (okay, maybe one and a half) glasses every few days with a meal. I find that planning which meal I want to have my wine with also makes me plan meals farther out!

Good luck...you'll find something that works for you.
  • Cmandy67
    Cmandy67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Try the SKINNY GRAPE, a low cal wine!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT giving up wine. I'm cutting back and fitting it into my calorie goals.
  • beamie2687
    beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree about measuring! A serving of wine is around 5oz, so I usually measure it and slowly enjoy my one glass!
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When you find out please let me know! :drinker: I also love to have wine to relax after a very stressful job( or anytime really!). My stomach was not my problem area until I discovered my love of wine!

I have tried the Skinnygirl Sangria and it is pretty good for a white over ice. My fav is red wine though. I have heard that Bethenny Frankel is going to come out with red wine but it is not at my Spec's yet.

If I know Im going to drink I try to eat pretty light and less carbs during the day to try and balance out the empty calories from alcohol.
  • Rachel4343
    Rachel4343 Posts: 19
    Options
    I still drink my favorite wine. I just account for it on my daily intake of calories. :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I exercise to earn calories for my nightly wine. I have 1/2 bottle most nights with dinner, a little more on the weekends.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Skinnygirl Sangria? Sign me up! :drinker:
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I haven't stopped drinking wine! Compared to other alcohol, I think it's easier to fit into a diet plan, because it's easy to figure out just how much you're consuming (vs. trying to figure out how many calories are in a mixed drink, especially if someone else is bartending!)

I just make sure to fit it into my calorie goals for the day... perhaps by doing a bit of extra exercise. It doesn't take that much work to earn enough calories for a glass.

Salut!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    A glass of white wine is only like 125 calories...I just budget it in. I usually have a small glass (5 oz.) with my dinner. If I want to have more, I do, as long as I am under my calories for the day. But I never drink more than 250 calories worth of wine in a day.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for win-o's? Or EX-wine-o's?

I would give up coffee before I gave up wine.
  • CharMarieDavis
    Options
    I stopped drinking wine with my meal. Instead, I drink it after my meal later in the evening where I can truly enjoy every sip of my 5 oz. That way it doubles as dessert! I also limit myself to about 3 glasses/week.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I run an extra 10 minutes so I can have wine. Seriously.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Off topic summer8it I love your avatar! I recently added hula hooping into my exercise routine, it's awesome!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with selzter and a lime....can have 2 glasses for the price of 1 :)
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    I can't give up my evening glass...but one or two glasses doesnt seem to be that bad as long as you count it into your calorie allowance. I for one REFUSE to cut everything good out of my life just to be skinny... I'll settle with almost skinny and yay yummy food. :laugh:
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am a huge wine fan! It is really hard, but I found most wines scan into the calorie counter...and I got a measurer for it and just keep track. I actually found that I enjoy it more if I limit myself to one (okay, maybe one and a half) glasses every few days with a meal. I find that planning which meal I want to have my wine with also makes me plan meals farther out!

Good luck...you'll find something that works for you.

this. I limit myself to weekends, with a rare week day (usually Thursday if it happens). You just gotta work it in and realize that for every 'empty' alcohol calorie, you miss the op to feed your body the nutrients it needs.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT giving up wine. I'm cutting back and fitting it into my calorie goals.
    This!!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    In the morning, when I plan my meals for the day, I factor in a glass of wine for after my kids go to bed.... :)
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    I run for Pinot.