I run, nose runs???

Options
paulkj
paulkj Posts: 163 Member
I have recently noticed, especially when I run, that with any increased physical activity my nose runs...this is indoors and out. Does anyone know what can be the cause of this?

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!!
  • Jellishearts
    Options
    Alergies?
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i get that to..dont know why..but i do!!!!!!!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Crazy stuff, but here is an article about it. It's pretty common they say:

http://www.fitsugar.com/2335603
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I wonder how many calories your nose burns when it runs. :laugh:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who suffered from this! Everytime I run with my group I am the only one that has to stop and blow my nose. After I am done running or exercising my nose stops running too. Thanks for the link kurneckc.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I swear that running keeps me from getting sinus infections anymore!! I used to get them all of the time! It keeps the nose running and keeps things clear for me! :wink:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I swear that running keeps me from getting sinus infections anymore!! I used to get them all of the time! It keeps the nose running and keeps things clear for me! :wink:

Oooh me too! :love: I used to get sinus and or ear infections every summer, at least once but usually two or three times from June-November (my allergy time) and since i started running on a regular basis I have avoided the infection part at least and I can say if I wake up stuffy nothing clears the sinuses like a quick run! who knew :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Oooh me too! :love: I used to get sinus and or ear infections every summer, at least once but usually two or three times from June-November (my allergy time) and since i started running on a regular basis I have avoided the infection part at least and I can say if I wake up stuffy nothing clears the sinuses like a quick run! who knew :wink:
    I know! Me too!! I used to constantly get sinus infections. Now I get the allergies, but after I run my nose clears out and I'm good to go! :laugh: