Replies

• Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Saturday morning.
  • KetoLovingMama
    KetoLovingMama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Once a Week on the same Day and i try to do it first thing in the Morning on weigh in day.
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning and post a progress photo on my Facebook weight loss album and measure myself the last Friday of the month. :P

Having a measuring plan is great! I need to start that.

I weigh every day, but have a program that automatically tells me how much I'm down from the week before. I also weigh pretty much as soon as I wake up, before I get in the shower.

I know a lot of people are firmly against daily weigh-ins, so here's my rationalization for those who are wondering. I recognize that daily variation happens. Bloating from salt, alcohol, and hormones can make me gain four pounds overnight. So if I weigh on June 1 and come in at 200, lose two pounds over the following week, then get bloated overnight, and weigh in June 8 at 202, I get *completely* bummed out. I recognize my emotional eating tendencies, and this would send me on a binge. Especially if I had been really good for that whole week. Whereas if I weigh in June 1 at 200, June 2 at 199.3, June 3 at 199.8, June 4 at 198.7, June 5 at 198.3, June 6 at 198.5, June 7 at 198, and June 8 at 202... That doesn't bother me. I know that I didn't eat 14,000 extra calories on June 7 and I can usually pinpoint a cause (ie party with friends, special occasion dinner with lots of junk, period starting) so it doesn't bother me that technically I'm up two pounds from the week before. I know it'll be gone again in a few days.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Once a month... anything more than that and I would start to obsess about every little pound I gain or lose...
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Once a week... Thursday mornings at my Weight Watcher Meetings.

But I do occasionally take a peek at our home scale on Monday. I try not to do that though, because once I step on and see the number I start to obsess about it...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have no set schedule. When I wake up, walk past the scale and say "Hmmm. I wonder..." That's when I weigh myself.

I used to weigh every day, but then I stopped worrying about weight and started concentrating more on health and fitness and feel sooo much better about everything!
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    every other wednesday... right after i pee in the morning
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Usually Friday morning.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    I weigh once a week, Friday morning after going to the bathroom and before getting dressed. It's very rare, but if Friday says I gained and I know I struggled Wednesday and/or Thursday, I'll take it easier on the weekend and make my official Monday morning. Then it restarts to Friday. This works for me! This past spring semester, I weighed myself every morning. The numbers drove me crazy!! So I hid my scale in my closet and only brought it out Friday morning. Made it sooo much easier :smile:
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how often everyone weighs themselves? I know some people that do it everyday and some that do it once a month. I tend to lose motivation if I don't weigh myself everyday.

No more than once a week, sometimes every two weeks. I found my weight can go up and down as much as a 3-4 lbs through out the week depending how intense my workouts are. So I always use Monday as my weigh in morning IF I weigh in at all.
  • cfieds
    cfieds Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in once a week on either Weds or Thurs morning (my weekend, if you will) in the morning.

I can't do everyday...I would in high school and got way too obsessive over it. For me, it's not good at all. I don't keep my scale out in the open, either, to cut down on the temptation of weighing everyday.
  • kburgess247
    kburgess247 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Tuesday morning. Same thought process as cfieds above.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I rarely weight myself i tend to go on how i feel i look.
    But i wish i could remember to weight myself everyday.
  • SarahClaireB
    SarahClaireB Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day infact most times I went into the bathroom to the point of obsession but would only record once a week, but normally on week 2 I would only loose a small amount and it normally left me feeling fed up and deflated and would reguarly fall off the wagon.

This time around I am only weighing in every 3 or 4 weeks and am hoping this will keep me on track - Next weigh in day 12th July :happy:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Too often.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Not much. I don't have a scale at my apt, and I usually work out at the mini gym there. I have to go all the way to the on campus gym to get an accurate weight. So it ends up being maybe every couple months. Makes for more exciting weight loss numbers though!

Also, I don't trust other scales. I'm back home for the summer, but my parents' electronic scale its nuts and I don't want any kind of false hope!
  • HeartlessHarlot
    HeartlessHarlot Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Because weight can fluctuate day to day and change due to sleep and stress the day before. I only count my Saturday weigh in's as my actual weight.

That being said, I do weigh everyday, right out of the shower after my morning cardio. What I'm tracking is that day's weight, the quality and quantity of sleep I got the night before as well as how balanced I ate and my mood/emotional state from the previous day.

I like to see how the previous day affects my weight.

Last week was a horrible week. I have been losing 1.5 pound a week for the last few weeks. Until last week. It was horrible. Tons of stress, no sleep, I did eat ok and work out almost everyday. But, I had a 3 pound gain.

It's all interconnected.

The hard part is seeing a day where the scale goes up because of poor sleep or a really stressful day and not letting it get me down. It gets easier as I see the patterns of the pound or two increase after a bad day/night and then knowing that so long as I get myself calmed down and a good night's sleep it'll all go away.
  • meganmhammond
    Options
    Like others, I like to weigh myself at least every couple of days. When I see the number go up I know I need to cut back on my eating and exercise more!!
  • toriweiss
    toriweiss Posts: 2
    Options
    I weigh myself one a week, every saturday. I used to check the scale every day, but depending on what you eat/drink, your weight might fluctuate a bit. If you eat something heavy or have some water weight then weigh yourself and see a number you don't like, that won't be very helpful :)
  • dwaite1254
    Options
    never I just go off how I look and feel.