Going out to eat tonight. . .

Options
Alyssah09
Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
What would be okay to eat tonight. I am going to a medium reading tonight and we are all going to a small cafe before hand and my daily allowance of calories is 1330. What would be okay to eat?

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken and salad

burger, no bun, with salad

soup and salad!

stir fry?
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken and a salad or soup and salad. Or maybe grilled salmon and a salad. :)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    What would be okay to eat tonight. I am going to a medium reading tonight and we are all going to a small cafe before hand and my daily allowance of calories is 1330. What would be okay to eat?

Wait until afterwards and ask the spirit world?
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    All of the above. Ask them to hold the butter and the dressing. Olive oil and vinegar on the side =)
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    what I usually do is look up the menu online and the calories and all that stuff beforehand, and if I see the plate are to big I ask for and extra plate and portion out the meal into a smaller portion
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    what I usually do is look up the menu online and the calories and all that stuff beforehand, and if I see the plate are to big I ask for and extra plate and portion out the meal into a smaller portion

Ditto
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Food. Any food you want.

Your goal is 1330. Assuming you picked "2 pounds per week", your maintenance calories are 2330.
    You can go up to 2330 and still lose.

(if you chose 1 lb per week, your maintenance is 1830)

eating between your goal and your maintenance daily is optimal. (but closer to your goal most days)
    What's NOT recommended is being UNDER your goal daily. You need that fuel.
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I am going to look up thier menu now and see what is available. On the plus side it will be an early dinner!
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Here is some advise that I have done for several years...ask them if you can order off the kids menu! Most of the time they will allow you to if you ask nicely! I have found I can go to a nice restaraunt and order a 5oz sirloin and get my side of a baked potato and feel just as content and happy as the ones who got the 8-12oz steak! Because it is portion control after all and not exactly what you eat! It always work for me and someone else gave me that advice. You can get chicken strips and fries off the kids menu because it's only about 2 strips and 10 fries =) The portions are WAY smaller. Try it...it should work for you!!!