Breakfast nd carbs - :(

Options
13»

Replies

• Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey, you should be having complex carbs with protein for your meals, when ate together, digestion is slowed! My advice to you would be two eggs on one piece of wholemeal toast. If you're still hungry, then have some fruit or do some lean bacon with it too!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I eat a 3 egg omlette with spinach! It is yummy! And it fills my up for ages!
  • sunshinebee
    Options
    I love cooked breakfasts and when on the Atkins diet I feasted on egg and bacon. I didn't miss the toast too much as I was full without it. However I don't have time to cook in the mornings so now for breakfast I put double of this in, whiz it up and it creates 2 smoothies (one for today, one for tomorrow)

Linwoods - Flaxseed, 0.5 tbsp
    Kara - Dairy Free Coconut+ Calcium Drink, 100 ml
    Mornflakes - Superfast Oats, 20 grams
    Fresh Apple Juice 100 ml
    Bananas - Raw, 50 g
    Sainsbury's - Frozen Blueberries & Strawberries, 75 g
    Spinach - Raw, 20 g

246 calories and 29 carbs

The carbs are good carbs from fruit and the oats. This keeps me full for at least 3 hours. You can't taste the spinach! This smoothie gives you loads of calcium, omega 3, iron, vitamins etc. You can also mix it up with different fruit juices, different frozen fruits and almond or soy milk.

If you find you don't have much time then make it the night before and pop in the fridge. Even put it in a gym bottle and drink on the way to work.
  • emma155
    emma155 Posts: 152
    Options
    I sometimes put a egg on to boil, carry on getting ready for work than go back to the kitchen 5/10 mins later and eat just that for brek...better than nothing!
    Or: just egg and baked beans, low calorie sausages - dont take long in oven....

Good luck breakfast is the hardest for no carbs!!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much for all of your suggestions!

Autho I must admit I didnt think that bacon and sausages were ok to eat!

Right after course tonite i'll plan and go shopping!

I also enjoy the idea of yoghurt with something sprinkled on the top.....could anyone
    please tell me how to judge a good yoghurt! because I spent 30min last week looking @ them all in the supermarket and was
    going to myself ahhhhh?! And walked away with nothing!

Greek Yogurts are higher in protien and will keep you fuller longer. They are a few carbs in them but I am a low carber and eat it every morning. You will have to see which kind you like best. I enjoy Oikos best. Yoplait makes one but I heard it's not a true Greek and it has a higher sugar content, but is very very yummy. Choboni is hard for me to eat except for the pineapple and peach. Have not tried the Fage but if I could find the pomegranit flavored one I'd be trying that one for sure.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I like my toast too and PBJ sandwiches. Try Alvarado Street Bakery Essential Flax Seed bread, 50 cals per slice and 6.5 net carbs per slice.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    may sound odd but I dip my bacon in the fried egg yolk. Oh yes I still miss toast a luxury I do not do anymore on low carb.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I keep a small bowl of boiled eggs on hand and make oatmeal in batches (put in individual serving bowls). I eat Sara lee 45 cal bread with PB
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When I was tested for food allergies years ago it was a 5 day water only diet then a regimented reintroduction of foods. On day 4 i itched so bad I thought I was going to die, but found my allergies so I am better that way now.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    no sugar added carnation instant breakfast with lite soy milk keep s me full and works for my busy morning.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I need my carbs in the morning!

but, eggs and meats are low in carbs.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I just had (2) egg beaters with (2) slices low carb toast, spread with garlic and herb laughing cow............drooooooool.......its sooooo goood. I also had (2) cups of coffee, one with half and half and the other with mini moos and splends........219 cals for all of it and 28 on the carbs.
  • katbean12
    katbean12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    this website ships low carb foods- vitamins etc..
    www.lowcarbcanada.ca

Maybe try those "Carb Blockers" capsules?

Or any and all low carb breads.

Drink lots of water/greentea, protien shake for breakfast.. to fill up on, and less on breads.
  • cadynappi
    cadynappi Posts: 63
    Options
    I usually make an omelette the night before and warm in the warm at work. Sometimes hard boiled eggs, oatmeal if I know I am doing a hard workout, half cup special K protein plus cereal.....fruit!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs

Breakfast of kings ... No time to make it? No time for health then.
  • BordersGirl
    Options
    I've been having plain soya yoghurt (very low carb and not the flavoured ones that are full of sugar) and 100g of red fruits (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries for example). It works for any meal, not just breakfast.
  • beamie2687
    beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I actually tend to cut my carbs later in the day and don't worry too much about my breakfast carbs. I like to have a majority of my carbs before 2pm so I can use them for energy (especially in the morning!). Then I usually have a low-carb dinner (which also prevents that sugar rush right before bedtime!)

Maybe you can have your toast, but not that extra slice of garlic bread with your pasta for dinner?
  • JPO1980
    JPO1980 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For a Low carb breaky i make the following (makes 12 portions);

• brown 1 x red finely diced onion with 6 x short cut diced pieces of Bacon (trim all fat)
    • Grate 1 x zucchini (squeeze off excess liquid)
    • After bacon / onion mixture has almost browned, add in the grated zucchini and brown together for about 4 mins
    • Once zucchini has softened in bacon / onion mixture take off heat.
    • I then spoon a tablespoon or so (approx. 1/3 of the case) of this mixture in to the bottom of 12 silicon cupcake cases (no oil required)
    • I then lightly whisk 10 eggs with some pepper and top up the cupcake tins with the eggs.
    • when filled, put in a moderate oven (approx. 160 - 180c) till cooked.
    • once cooked leave to cool.

These are great to reheat in the mornings or to have as a snack during the day.. when I’m desperate I sometime will have a couple with some salad for dinner they can also be frozen.

These have approx. 105 calories, 3 carbs & 9gms of protein each.

*This*