WooooHoooo!

Options
WyLd_ReD
WyLd_ReD Posts: 24 Member
So, I'm not exactly brand new. I returned to this site a couple months ago, but didn't truly start losing until about a month ago! Why, well, because I wasn't as committed as I thought I was! ha ha Ya what a slap in my own face!

I just want everyone to know that YOU CAN DO IT!

After a year of chemical menopause shots & my 6th surgery I'd gained back the 65lbs I had worked so hard to lose before! It was horrible and depressing. Not only that, but after I'd had the surgery and was OFF the shot I learned it takes at least 1 full year for it to get out of your system and in all that time you are very unlikely to lose any weight as the shot was what apparently made me gain most of it. Which is probably why my full 6 months of "Clean Eating" (thanks Tosca Reno) and a personal trainer plus visits to the gym 5-6 days a week gave me 1 pound gained and no inches lost. Let's just say I was a tad bit frustrated!

But I have been persistent, stung willed, pigheaded, and the stubborn redhead that I am... and it's paying off! I just hit my first 10lbs lost today at 10.6lbs lost and yep, I CRIED LIKE A BABY!

People, if I can do this with all i've been through you definitely can as well! Just don't let that frustration get you down. Pulll yourself back "up by your bootstraps" or Nike's lol and keep going!

Shauna ^_^
"Have you shared a smile today? They are contagious and that 1 smile you share could be around the world by now!"

Replies

• kevinwk
    kevinwk Posts: 77
    Options
    Congrats on the recent success!! Totally agree that we can do this, but it does take work, no magic pills are out there! MFP is a great tool and community full of like minded people that are in the trenches together and supporting each other. I am excited to read about your success and also the challenges you are overcoming.

As you say..... You can do it!!
  • WyLd_ReD
    WyLd_ReD Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kevin! Looks as though you're doing rather well yourself... so Huge Congrats sent your way!