Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism?

Options
2»

Replies

• clairecandoit11
    clairecandoit11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing BFBM and LOVE IT! I like straight forward moves like that. I love not having to use dumbells or any sort of equipment. This workout definitely makes you feel powerful!

I especially love all the kickboxing!

One question... how many times a week should I be doing it to really see results??
  • clareseal2
    Options
    Bump

I am doing a combo of BFBM and extreme shed and shred (L1 for now...), and am following a healthy, low carb diet. I find that this is the only realy formula that works for me - Cardio + Toning + Low carb.

I used a combination of BFBM and 6 Week 6 Pack to lose about 20lbs in 4 weeks about this time last year (along with a stupidly strict diet that I wouldn't recommend. I was walking about 4 miles up and down hills every day too.) The weight slowly went back on during my final year at uni and I had got to a point where I was (yet again) deeply unhappy with the shape of my body. I know that BFBM gets serious results if you really commit to it, so here I am again! I'm not confident enough to post and candid before photos, but give me a couple of months and I'll post my 'afters'. Good luck everyone.
  • Vampyros
    Vampyros Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I managed 30 mins of the BFBM DVD yesterday. How often should I try to do this workout?
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I have this work out haven't tried it as yet also got her 30 day shred still doing level 1 of that as I don't do it everyday also got body revolution and ripped in 30 (that looks scary) also got body revolution
  • ashliejones13
    Options
    love love love this video! paired with 30 minutes of cassie hos blogilates on youtube, you get ripped FAST.
  • DriRose
    DriRose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have it and I like it. I have the companion too "No More Trouble Zones". BFBM is really good if you're looking to burn!

That's my plan! I just started a new personal routine where I'm working out every other day, switching between No more trouble zones, day of rest, then bfbm, and repeat! I'm also on a calorie deficit to lose 1lb a week. I tried to start this routine last week but I got sick so today is day one all over again! I'm going to florida soon so here's hoping for the 1lb a week and some toning up :drinker:

Also when I lose enough weight for definition to actually show I'm going to start doing Killer Buns and Thighs and when I reach my goal I definitely plan on using bfbm and nmtz to help maintain.
  • Daybyday366
    Options
    I am trying to figure out how to estimate how many calories I've burned after doing 50 minutes of this video. How do you figure out how many calories you've burned?
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM .. use that to estimate. I do around 300-325 at 140lb....but many do more or less. For a while I just used high impact aerobics and it was close.
  • sunnburst1984
    sunnburst1984 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get this one, but now I'm reconsidering. I live in an upstairs apartment and if there's a lot of jumping, can't do it. I have 5 Jillian Michaels videos (Ripped in 30, 30 day shred, yoga meltdown, killer abs and yoga inferno). I do 2 a day with one day of rest. I've seen a little bit of change body wise but I'm still tweaking my calories. I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian haha!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    They describe it well here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-Banish-Boost-Metabolism/dp/B001NFNFN0

There are jumps in some segments, but some is on the floor...pushups, planks, etc. She has a segment on standing pikes and oblique twists, but another with jogging, butt kicks, etc. I use a very padded mat but I can see the issue if you live above someone and they are home. It's not constant though they way some DVD's are in the pounding.
  • mommystylist
    mommystylist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did this video for the first time today. It is hard core. Anyone who says it is easy, that's great. That means you have incredible endurance and should try it again but with weights and see how "easy" it is...lol. So anyway, I'm gonna do it 2X wk. I think it's best to change up the routine. I'd def recommend putting it in your regimine with weight training, other cardio etc. to trick the body into kicking up it's metabolism- result, burning more fat= lower body fat % and toned muscles.
  • knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I did this video for the first time today. It is hard core. Anyone who says it is easy, that's great. That means you have incredible endurance and should try it again but with weights and see how "easy" it is...lol. So anyway, I'm gonna do it 2X wk. I think it's best to change up the routine. I'd def recommend putting it in your regimine with weight training, other cardio etc. to trick the body into kicking up it's metabolism- result, burning more fat= lower body fat % and toned muscles.

I'm doing it about 2x a week too...boy is it tough! I'd like to meet someone who can do this all the way through. I feel great though :)
  • Teenie71
    Teenie71 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi. I havent tried that one yet since I just started Ripped in 30. I love it so far!
  • tammyneid
    tammyneid Posts: 2
    Options
    This is a great cardio workout, but tough. It runs 57 minutes, she has two circuits of kickboxing that is fun. Two ab circuits two circuits of just kicking your butt. There is a lot of jumping involved. I do this one on the weekend and Jillian's Ripped in 30 in the mornings when I don't have as much time.

Try it on youtube:
    Ripped in 30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_VDd5288g
    Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT4W8ygJ7w

:smile:
  • tammyneid
    tammyneid Posts: 2
    Options
    For a 154 pound person, it burns 514 calories and hour. the DVD runs 57 mins, so lets just round that to an hour. The less you weigh the less you burn, and vice versa.

(514 X your weight)/154= how many calories you burned.

Hope this helps.
    :flowerforyou:
  • canadiangirl014
    canadiangirl014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did this one today - first time and loved it. I love JM workouts and do them regularly. I usually log them as circuit training.
  • gagajenks
    gagajenks Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just did this today for the first time and it was hard. I modified some of the moves as I am still a relative newcomer to having exercise as a daily part of my life (nearly 3 months now) I really enjoyed it, sweated my butt off haha but will definitely be bringing it into my workout group so I can mix it up.
  • lea_9130
    lea_9130 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've just started doing this as I have done her 30 day shred dvd twice and I wanted to try something new.
    I'm finding the core circuit very hard so I'm just going to try and do my own core exercises until I can do the ones on the dvd.

anyways does anyone know how many calories it burns or what to put it under when logging it on here