No Bake Banana Hazelnut Brownies w/Raspberry Cream Glaze

geekyjock76
geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
Since a number of people have asked for the recipe for this delicious treat, here are a few pics and the recipe!
2h3pjl1.png
24wxdhw.png

Banana Hazelnut Raspberry Cream Protein Brownie
1 2/3 cup 150g (1/3 c.=30g) milk protein isolate powder (18.75g/bar)
1/3 cup flaxseed meal (F=12/8=1.5g; C=10.5/8=1.5g; B=10.6/8=1.32g; P=8/8=1g)
1 cup small banana (F=0g; C=23/8=3g; S=16/8=2g; B=0g; P=0g)
1/3 cup hazelnut flour (F=34/8=4.25g; C=10/8=1.25g; B=6/8=0.75g; P=8/8=1g)
1/4 cup crushed hazelnuts
½ cup unsweetened applesauce (F=0g; C=12/8=1.5g; S=8/8=1g; B=2/8=.25g; P=0g)
¼ cup water
1 tspn maple extract
¼ tspn salt
10 drops Liquid Stevia

Nutritional Info
Brownie Calories =178
Brownie w/Cream Calories=225
Fat=6g (6.5g)
Protein=20.75g (23.75g)
Carbs=7g (7.5g)
Fiber=2g
Sugar=3g (3.5g)

Optional Raspberry Cream Frosting
4 tbsp non-fat greek yogurt έ 1 T reduced-fat cream cheese (F=3.5/8=.4g; C=3/8=.4g; S=4/8=.5g; P=12/8=1.5g)
2 tbsp milk protein isolate powder (P=11.25/8=1.5g)
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp liquid stevia
½ cup raspberry sauce (C=4/8=.5g; S=4/8=.5g)
*I simply heated fresh raspberries in microwave for 20 seconds to create raspberry sauce, which I stored in freezer to set. Reheat in microwave for a few seconds to soften before swirling into cream frosting.

Directions
Add protein powder, flaxseed meal, nut flour and salt into bowl and mix well.
In separate bowl, add mashed bananas, applesauce, maple extract and stevia and mix till smooth. Add in crushed hazelnuts and mix.
Pour dry ingredients into banana/applesauce mixture and gradually add water while mixing till batter is thick and slightly sticky.
Line 8x8 pan with wax paper and pour in batter and firmly press into dish. When done, store in freezer. If you do not make the glaze, freeze for 2 hours before serving.
To make glaze, add greek yogurt, protein powder, room-temperature cream cheese, milk, vanilla extract and stevia. Whisk until mixture is thick and smooth.
Remove brownies from freezer and top with cream frosting. Return to freezer to set for 2 hours.
Remove brownies from freezer and, with a butter knife, swirl in raspberry sauce. Return back to freezer to set for 2 hours.

Notes:I gave the nutritional breakdown of each ingredient: P(protein), F(fat), C(carb), Fi(fiber) and S(sugar).

I use MPI as a protein powder for making brownies and other treats because it has 0 taste, is powdery thin and a smooth texture so it blends in effortlessly either in a shake, smoothie or batter. Plus, its 27g of protein per scoop, lactose and soy-free. Other protein powders will mix quite differently so take that into account and add either less or more water depending how the mixing goes. Regardless of which protein powder you use, the batter should be thick and sticky, not runny.

Also, you can simply drizzle the raspberry sauce onto the brownies instead of waiting for the brownie mixture to set if you do not want to wait another two hours. For the pictured brownies, I drizzled.

Replies