How does everyone stay motivated!

Options
I've tried to lose weight many times and this year around end of march something just changed where I had motivation and lost 30lbs since I recorded my weight at 297 jan 1st. I've had this habit of stopping around the 2 month make and low ad behold around end of may or so I've fell off a bit. I have no idea why this happens since this is the first time I've really had a different mindset. I would say in the last 3 weeks I've probably only been to the gym about 4-5 times which is horrible. Not recording everything and eating things I shouldn't be. I went to gym today and have recorded my foods thus far, just need some tips or ideas. Don't get me wrong I'm happy I've gotten this far but I have about 47 more to my goal and it seems to far and hard to get there. HELP!

Replies

• JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    First thing first you did the right thing by reaches out. Second thing what has occurred is over and done with so don't beat yourself up just learn from it. It's hard for me to say what motivates me because I absolutely love working out, but there are times where I say ugh I don't want to WHAH!! LOL. I always say this find something that you like and go with that you will see you will start to really push yourself to do it. Some people like going to the classes at the gym, swimming or myself I love the elliptical. I can't wait to get on it and sweat. I set a goal that whatever program I do I want to see the calorie burn go up so I push myself more each time. If you are into the classes find one that is fun but yet challenges you and see where that goes.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You say you haven't been to the gym. I'm wondering, do you like the gym? I don't really like the gym. I like walking, running (I do run on the tread), bicycling. I also like hoola hooping, jumping rope, anything on the beach (walk, swim, run, stretch).

For me, the key is to do stuff I like when I like. I like walking the dog in the morning. I frigging hate doing it at night. So we go almost every morning. Also, I try to focus more on my weekly goals than my daily goals. Missed a day, that's OK, I can make up little bits here and there.

Good luck on your journey. You deserve to be fit and healthy.

:drinker: