Easy, quick and on the go breakfast ideas?

Options
I'm having trouble picking breakfast food. I used to always skip this important meal because I'm always on the rush and never have the time to prepare anything in the morning. Lately I've been eating starbucks perfect oatmeal, but I'm quickly getting tired of that..

Any suggestions?

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast either. Depending on the type of diet you are following, your choices may vary.

ham or turkey and cheese on a low-carb tortilla
    greek yogurt
    fruit
    cereal with milk or mixed in yogurt (or greek yogurt)
    scramble egg and cheese wrapped burrito style in a low-carb tortilla with a little salsa
    dry cereal and a piece of fruit
    string cheese
    protein shake
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    My normal breakfast is Sainsburys wholewheat apricot bites with skimmed milk - 50g with skimmed milk = 198 calories.

However if I am really in a rush and have to grab and run, I now keep in Belvita Breakfast biscuits - Crunchy oat ones taste just like Hob Nobs. About 250cals for 1 pack of 4. While biscuits are not the best for a regular breakfast, for those moments that you need to grab and run they are great. They keep me going until lunch, I don't need to snack about 11am, so it works for me. enjoy.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I usually mix up a batch of overnight/refrigerator oatmeal the night before to grab on my way out the door (the recipe is floating around the forums somewhere).

Other ideas that I usually keep in the house:
    bagel thin & whipped cream cheese
    hard boiled eggs
    string cheese
    greek yogurt w/ toasted almonds
    fruit
    nuts
    protein bars

And remember, breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast food!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with some fruit & sliced almonds (high protein, a little fiber from the fruit, and good fat). Granola is an option too.

I "start" oatmeal the night before. I add boiling water to instant steel cut oats (old fashioned works too) ... these are the kind that cook 5 minutes. Anyway, I snap a tight lid on it. In the morining it's 1/2 way cooked. Mircrowave 2:30 .... add toppings & go. Toppings can be measured & set aside the night before.

Homemade breakfast burittos (freeze ahead) - bake a pan of scrambled eggs, add peppers, onion, sausage, etc. Load up a low carb tortilla with 2% cheese, egg mixture, and salsa if you like. Wrap the burittos & freeze. In the morning re-heat & go. There are recipes for these on Allrecipes.com
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    if i'm just running out into the car i just grab a banana and/or homemade muffin (i make low-fat muffins & freeze them)
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    My on the go breakfast is a homemade skinny latte and 1/4 c. almonds eaten in the car. Or, I'll wrap some perservitive free ham around a cheese stick. If I need carbs, I follow either of those with dry cerial like Crackin' Oat Bran (3/8 c. is 100 Calories)
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So many awesome ideas! Thanks everyone! This really helped build tonight grocery list.
    I love baking! I think I'm going to try baking some muffins as well and pre-preparing breakfast.

Thanks for all the advice :bigsmile: