Starting C2 5k anyone wanna join me?

Options
13»

Replies

• darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Did week w5d2 last night .. Honestly the two 8 minute jogging intervals almost scared me right off the treadmill .. Went on with it anyways .. and to be honest its really not that bad!!! I slowed my jogging pace down back in week 3 and kept that pace through 4 and into 5. the first 8 minutes passed really good ... the last 3 minutes of the second were a bit rough but just pushed through it .. I think i may do it again tonight and tommorrow just to prepare myself for day 3..
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I tried to download the app but I got errors but I will make it work for me somehow...

I need the push so thanks for the invite!
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded FreeC25K.

http://c25kfree.com/
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 1 and I enjoy it.. It has made running more enjoyable since I have something to follow
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm on Week 3 Day 2 and I am not a runner by any means!
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Will download the app and join you! Will be doing it on the treadmill tho as I've got no childcare till my hubby home at weekends. :-)
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I did week 1, day 2 today. Anybody else C25K, add me!

I had 2 off days between day 1 and day 2, because day 1 had my muscles so sore for the next 2 days. Yeah, stretching would be a good idea!

Day 1 I didn't have music, day 2 I had the soundtrack to Chicago playing in the background. I can only imagine what I must have looked like as I was running, and wiggling to some of the jazzier licks in the music.

Somebody talked about painful boobs - any suggestions for a bra that actually keeps the girls from bouncing so painfully? I got a new sports bra, it's soft & comfy, but doesn't seem to do much for the bounce control. Seems worse than a normal bra in that area.

I have the Moving Comfort Maia, I love it. It is comfortable and it really controls the girls.

I use the Ease into 5K app, I really like it, There is a counter on top that tells you what run/walk you are on (run 2 of 9, etc) You can create a playlist, the app is free. I upgraded and added the GPS for .99 so that it also tracks my route. It breaks down my overall speed, running speed, walking speed, calories, etc.

I have done W1D1 for 3 days, and am going to do it at least one more time until I can make it through all the run segments comfortably.

Slowing my running pace down helped tremendously in being able to get through the entire thing, also getting fitted for proper shoes is key.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Week 4 - everyone is welcome to add me. There are also a couple of really helpful groups for us running newbies - come and join us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6467-running-for-beginners
  • myrzee
    myrzee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just started with this program. I just moved in, the summer promises to be beautiful, and the gym is way too expensive: this way I'll also get to know my neighbourhood better :)
    w1d1 today, I feel so good, and I hope I will be able to stick through it :sick:

Add me for mutual support !
  • howie4four
    howie4four Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just did week 5 day 1. Running outside is so much harder for me than on the treadmill. I've been running 3.1 miles on the treadmill for a while now, but haven't been able to get there outside. That's why I started week 5 day 1. The first 5 minutes stink....even on the treadmill the first 10 minutes are not what I would call fun either! I always promise myself that I have to run for 10 minutes than if I'm still hating it, I can quit. I never do on the treadmill.....outside I always do. So, I may do week 5 and 6 over and over for a while, but hopefully I'm on my way to running 3.1 outside...I know I will cry when I get this goal checked off my list!!
  • gemaudlin
    gemaudlin Posts: 81
    Options
    I have been DYING to find somebody to do this with me. I NEVER run and I need to start! I could use the motivation! It sounds like we are at the same fitness level! Add me if you'd like! :)
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I just did Week 1 Day 2 last night. It feels so good at the end of the session to realize that I had ran for 8 minutes. That in itself is amazing to me. I haven't really ran for any amount since high school and that was 20+ years ago.
  • pprigge
    pprigge Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the app (just searched C25K for Android and it came up right away), I've been walking outside for 6 weeks and have had the urge to start running, so I think it's time! Going to get the right support tonight (large chested friends you know what I mean), looking forward to seeing how this works. Even walking I've been running into some joint pain though in knees and hips, any suggestions? Friend recommended Flex-a-min......? If I'm going to gear up to start switching to walking/running want to get everything at once and do this thing right!
  • bokids3
    bokids3 Posts: 3
    Options
    Paula, My husband just finished his 8 weeks. Could barely do the first day and ran the entire 35 mins on Monday. I HATE running and the first day almost killed me on Sunday. You have a lot of walking under your belt...that will help. My husband didn't even think he would be able to do 5 min runs and now he can do 35mins. Be patient with it. You may surprise yourself.
  • pprigge
    pprigge Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Let's hope! Last week threw a loop into my good intentions and the 100+ degree temps makes me do my stuff at like, 10 at night, so want to get started on this by end of month. Let me know how you're progress goes and I might get motivated beyond downloading the app and working on my playlist lol!
  • llm1607
    llm1607 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How's everyone getting on?