Ab Ripper X

Options
Hello,
I'm on week 2 of p90x. I'm doing okay with the workouts except an ripper x. I do as much as I can of the an exercises and while I'm doing them my low back hurts and my thighs/hips but I don't feel sore in my abs or anywhere once I'm done. Is this normal, am I doing something wrong? I can't do leg climbers I do my best but can't really and the Masson twist I can't touch the floor bit again do my best. I just don't feel like my abs are getting the workout I've heard an ripper x hyped up to be. Any suggestions???

Replies

• bceagleace
    bceagleace Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi There - I'm on my second round of P90x, and I'm a beachbody coach.

ARX is a killer! I know what you mean about it working your legs/thighs! It is mean to to work your whole core, not just abs. This is totally normal. Trust me, you are working your abs. I have the six pack to prove it!

You might not get through ARX completely during a full round of P90x... that is also normal! As Tony says, "do your best, forget the rest". You should push as hard as possible in ARX and go as deep as you can keeping up. Once you crash, pause it for a minute, and then resume. Keep doing that and you'll get a little further into the workout each time.

Keep doing your best and keep pushing... it will take time!
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!! that's what I've been doing going as hard as I can as long as I can. Thanks for letting me know what I'm experiencing is normal that makes me feel a lot better!