I almost weigh as much as my boyfriend.

Options
and it's embarrassing! My boyfriend is a lean 5'11 and he is 159lbs. I am 5' 7" and 153lb. I dont like the 150's at all... It's not that I look it... but I dont like the number. What do you think a ideal body weight would be for me? My body measurements are 36-28-36. I also weigh 120lbs of muscle... So I would need to get my body fat way down! It's at 25% right now. :(

The first of may I actually weighed more than him, at 162lbs. But lost 9lbs and now I am at a stand still with my weight loss... for about 2 weeks now. :( sad times. I need some tips and motivation!

Replies

• lwboyack
    lwboyack Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think you look great right now
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think you look great right now

awh thanks. :) my boyfriend thinks I look great too... I haven't told him how much I weigh but i had him guess and he said 135lb?... awww. When i started dating him 4 years ago I weighed 140lbs - 144lbs.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Same here with weighing as much as the bf...I'm 5'4 and athletic build...right now I'm 146...but was near 155. He's between 165 and 175 (but weighed less when we were dating)... Its super embarassing :/ ...but luckily, we are on here and changing that :)
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!

If weighing more than the boyfriend is a problem, make him a sandwich! 153lbs for a guy 5'11" is too thin.
  • kaylarachellee
    Options
    You look fantastic!

If weighing more than the boyfriend is a problem, make him a sandwich! 153lbs for a guy 5'11" is too thin.

He is 159lb. and i make him lunch every morning for work! lol I could always pack him some more protein!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're going to have to start feeding him better so you can get this behind you. But seriously don't worry about how much you weigh compared to someone else. Find what is good for you and work on that as a goal. 220 is a really good weight for me but has no bearing on what my wife weighs. (Better not. I'm 6' 2" and she's 5' 3")
    I haven't told him how much I weigh but i had him guess
    The cruel mind games that women play on men. *shakes head* Poor guy probably sweated for hours after that question hoping he said the right thing.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I weight 125-127 at 5'6 and my b/f is like 5'8-5'10 (I think) and weight like 155 but he is a freakin toothpick.
    He always says to me that he wants to gain weight but for him he just cant and he eats horrible stuff and never leaves the chair in his bedroom from the computer.
    I wouldn't be to worried about comparing your b/f to yourself.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    153lbs for a guy 5'11" is too thin.
    Agreed but how old is this guy? I couldn't put on any kind of weight till I was in my mid 20s. I was about 185 out of high school and looked like a scarecrow missing his straw.
  • kaylarachellee
    Options
    153lbs for a guy 5'11" is too thin.
    Agreed but how old is this guy? I couldn't put on any kind of weight till I was in my mid 20s. I was about 185 out of high school and looked like a scarecrow missing his straw.

He is 23.
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Im about twice as much as mine =( so, so depressing. He's 5'9 and underweight (like 130) and tries so so hard to put weight on. While I am trying to lose. It makes meals together fun...lol.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I dont like the 150's at all... It's not that I look it... but I dont like the number.
    I think this is a silly thing to focus on. Maybe you should get rid of your scale.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Add extra butter to all his food.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! DO NOT get hung up by the number on the scale and what society dictates you should weigh!!! Not everyone was intended to weigh 110lbs. You look beautiful and healthy. Keep doing what you are doing because it's working and forget about the scale!
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    My fiancé has GI issues and weighs 139 at 6' 1". I will likely always weigh more than him. Just get over it, especially if it's muscle and not fat. I'd love to be 25% BF, even if I weighed the same as I do now.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The only scale you need to worry about is the mirror...and you don't need to be worried at all!
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Your boyfriend is 5'11 / 159? We're sure he's a man, right?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I dont like the 150's at all... It's not that I look it... but I dont like the number.
    I think this is a silly thing to focus on. Maybe you should get rid of your scale.

Uhm yeah. You're the only one who knows that number. Well, you and all of us. If your body looks good, what does it matter what the scale says?
  • kaylarachellee
    Options

10 % body fat. He is not that little.... he weighed 190 in high school... he played foot ball and he wrestled.. and worked out.. but now he works alot.. and I dont cook dinner all the time.. :(
  • kaylarachellee
    Options

I wouldn't date a man that's 200lb plus... he'd squish me. :(
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    When my bf and I started dating I was almost 240...and he was about 180. I'm currently 179 and I think he picked up just about every pound I lost...and ATE THEM! LMAO

He loved me regardless...and I love HIM for that.

ETA: Okay, not ALL of them...but quite a few...maybe like 30.