at a plateau.. this bmr/bmi calculator is messing me up.

Options
OK. I've been fluctuating 1400 calories.. and I work out 3-5 days a week.. I never truly eat the exact number of calories... sometimes I eat half my exercise calories back sometimes I don't... Sometimes I eat all of them back...

I just did my my calories with the bmr and what not..

it seems I need to eat 2225 or so to maintain (this inc. my activity and such)... and then it says to deficit 500 calories from that to lost...

that gives me about 1700 or so...

now I ask this because I'm confusing myself.... I will bump my calorie intake to 1700 -but when I exercise do I eat back some of my calories burned or did I already calculate for that with the activity in the bmi and mbr calculator...

Replies

• joeystilley
    Options
    the way this site calculates it is if you do eat your calories back you will still lose your goal weight. me personally i never eat them back. i feel it helps me lose more weight faster.. but thats the way my body responds to it yours may be different.
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    i didn't use this site's calculator i used a different one.
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If that calorie amount included your activity, then no, you would not eat back exercise calories.
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    If that calorie amount included your activity, then no, you would not eat back exercise calories.

yea they asked how many days do you work out if you were sedetary.. etc.. i said 3-5 x's a week and it told me to multiply it by a certain number ..

then it told me to deduct 500 calories to see a weight loss...