Ground turkey recipes?

Options
Our family uses ground turkey for spaghetti, chili, tacos and burritos. However we are getting bored with all of those things every week. Does anyone have any good recipes to use with ground turkey? I want to change it up a little. Any suggestions/recipes?

Replies

• gorewhore13
    gorewhore13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Meatballs! I have literally like a million ground turkey meatball recipes.
  • scrappingchick72
    Options
    Oh my hubby would love the enchilas. I would love one of your meatball recipes? Please share. :happy:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    stuffed zucchini/peppers/tomatoes
  • little28
    little28 Posts: 9
    Options
    I make turkey ranch cheddar burgers. The recipe is 1 package lean ground turkey, a dry ranch dressing packet and 1 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese. Makes 6 burgers. To maintain the healthiness we eat them on whole weat sandwich things lightly toasted. They're delicious and easy.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Me too :flowerforyou:
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers seasoned how you like with chopped spinach and gorgonzola cheese in them.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    turkey tikki masala over roasted butternut squash! i don't have an exact recipe for it, just make a tikki masala sauce, throw a package of ground turkey in there and serve it over roasted butternut squash. caramelize some onions and throw those in to make it extra delicious.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm actually making taco salad with my mom tonight with our ground turkey :)

Before that I was wavering between making meatballs or hamburger patties (I would add some yummy veggies and spices into both of these)
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    I love it in chili too! I also have made ground turkey meatballs.I make them with egg whites and whole wheat bread crumbs to try and up the health factor. I like these done quite mild and with a lot herbs like tarragon and sage. I just spray a cookie tray with a teeny bit of oil and bake them at about 375. I serve them with egg noodles or rice (I have a picky child) and some fresh veggies. Steamed asparagus for me and carrots for the kiddo.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I make turkey ranch cheddar burgers. The recipe is 1 package lean ground turkey, a dry ranch dressing packet and 1 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese. Makes 6 burgers. To maintain the healthiness we eat them on whole weat sandwich things lightly toasted. They're delicious and easy.

Yes these are very tasty. I use the spicy ranch mix sometimes as well.
  • usera1365
    usera1365 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Snowbird73
    Snowbird73 Posts: 25
    Options
    With squash from the garden, I make up a huge batch of squash patties for the freezer. They are low in calories, fat, etc., and can be used as a main dish or in a "better than a burger" sandwich. To get the recipe, go to: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/183399/Squash-Patties
  • MyHighestPraise
    MyHighestPraise Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey to make an italian turkey casserole.

I use noodles, a couple of vegetables, broth, mozzerella cheese, italian seasonings, and sofrito all mixed together in a casserole dish. Then crush ritz crackers drizzled with butter for the topping. Bake at 350 about 20 minutes until bubbly and brown. My boys love it! (I cover with foil until the last 5 minutes to keep it from getting too dark too quick.)

For dinner tonight I made a turkey pot pie with ground turkey, vegetables (we chose carrots, green beans, corn, and lima beans) with broth, a can of cream of chicken - next time I'm planning to use greek yogurt instead, I remembered too late), sofrito, boiled eggs sliced across the top, and a dough topping. Yummmo!

I also use ground turkey to make empanadas, 15 bean soup, anything! :) Hope that was a couple of ideas for you :D
    Catherine
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Healthy Lasagna Casserole:

pictures: http://allpatchedupquilts.blogspot.com/2012/06/healthy-lasagna-casserole.html#

This serves 2

Ingredients:

cooking spray
    1/2 lb. ground turkey
    2 carrots, diced
    1 large onion, diced
    1/2 tsp. black pepper
    1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
    1/4 tsp. kosher salt
    1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

1/4 c. sun dried tomatoes, diced
    1/4 c. low sodium tomato sauce
    4 oz. whole wheat pasta (I used Pappardelle's Whole Wheat Garlic Linguine)
    1/4 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
    1/8 tsp. kosher salt
    1/4 c. cheese slices, chopped (I used 4 slices of new Sargento's ultra thin provolone)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450.

1. Heat up a large saucepan on medium-high. Spray with cooking spray. Add in ground turkey and break up with wooden spoon. Saute 5 minutes. Add onions, carrots, black pepper, Italian seasonings, kosher salt, and red pepper flakes. Saute 10 minutes.

2. Meanwhile cook pasta according to the package directions.

3. Add the tomato sauce to the turkey mixture.

4. Add in cooked pasta, ricotta cheese, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and kosher salt. Mix well.

5. Spray a 9x13 pan. Pour in pasta mixture and top with cheese. Bake 15 minutes uncovered or until golden brown.

p.s. the pasta I used is kind of green so that's why the color is kind of weird.
  • Gillporteousx
    Options
    Turkey burgers seasoned how you like with chopped spinach and gorgonzola cheese in them.

Defin itely ground turkey burgers sound amazing xx
  • Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    my mom made a mean turkey loaf a few days ago.. had banana peppers, onions, and mushrooms cooked in a loaf pan YUM!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I just had this for lunch...I love it!

1lb. 93/7 Ground Turkey
    Santa Fe Company refried Black Beans
    Dole Field Greens Salad
    2% Mexican Blend Cheese
    Tomtoes, Cilantro, Avocado, Onions, Jalapenos....any topper you'd like.

Brown the meat with 1 T. chili powder, 1 T. minced onion, 1t. salt, 1t. pepper, 1t. garlic powder and a pinch of Mexican Oregano.
    Prepare beans according to package directions.
    Serve over greens, sprinkle with cheese and add veggie toppings as desired.

Makes 4 servings.
  • scrappingchick72
    Options
    Wow, all these sound amazing. I'm saving all these recipes as we speak. So I have to tell ya, my husband is a bit picky when it comes to certain foods. I could always omit the Ranch in the turkey burger for him. LOL.

You guys are amazing. I'm so glad I belong to this site. Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • Zia00
    Zia00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options