Swimfit

Options
Has anyone else tried this? I've done the supervised class a couple of times, and good grief. I feel like I get more out of an hour of this than any anount of time spent at the gym.

Replies

• RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    What gym offers it? Sounds like a good workout.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I've seen it.

I can't help but think they'd get more out of swimming.
  • dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm thinking it is like water aerobics etc.
    I LOVE IT! If you think it is too easy, push yourself harder. You burn calories, use more than one muscle at a time.
    I started going in January and lost 15 lbs. (in about a month).
    I just started back up and lost 7lbs. last week.
    There are all sizes and ages in the class. It is a lot of fun. Sure I go s l o w; but when I more effort into it, I get a great workout!
    It is also great for those with joint pain. I couldn't do a squat or lunge on land, but I rock in the pool!
  • dnunny
    Options
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Not all people can swim.

Exactly
  • dnunny
    Options
    I was referring to aquatic classes-you don't have to know how to swim and get a good workout.
    For those that don't swim, they wear aquatic belts.
  • BeeblePixie
    Options
    What gym offers it? Sounds like a good workout.

You don't need to do the supervised classes. The website gives the schedule and you can just work through the sessions in your own time at the pool.
    http://www.swimming.org/swimfit
    You can pick one of several different programs, and i think they all have 32 sessions in them.
    They are basically swimming laps, but in a structured way. They also include drills, like doing lengths using floats and foccusing on just arms or legs. Great for improving swim techniques.