Not quite a newbie but first post

Options
stfriend
stfriend Posts: 256 Member
Hi all. I've been tracking here for about a week now. My goal is to try for a 1lb loss every week (though I know it won't happen every week). I have 100+lbs to go, though, so I may take a while. I've tried a few other sites but I like this one alot. I hope to get to know people along the way.

Replies

• lilspringchicken
    lilspringchicken Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! This my first post, too. Good luck with your goal! I'm working on losing around 60 pounds. I had a baby (she is wiggling in my lap as I type) a few months ago and I vowed she would grow up with a mommy who had healthy habits and a good body image. I'm doing a three month trial with Weight Watchers online but tracking my calories at the same time to see which I like better and think I can stick with. I've lost 7 pounds so far. I set rewards for myself at every 10 pounds lost, so hoping to cash one in soon.
  • Bluejenn
    Bluejenn Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi lilspringchic! Welcome to mfp. I've been here for about 8 months but lost my way for several months and am just getting back on track now. I have about 70lbs to go. Feel free to friend me if you'd like, I'm looking for those to keep up with and maybe give me a swift kick when needed. :)
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've also been here a week . I didn't post until the second day, and boy am I glad I did. The support has been very helpful. Feel free to friend me, and that goes for anyone else that reads this.
  • elements2
    elements2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi, im three days old and need friends also I dont no how this all works yet but I am trying too figure it all out I have about 40 pounds too lose yet
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    HI i'm new. just joined today. feel free to friend me. I would love some support.
  • lilspringchicken
    lilspringchicken Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi to all you fellow new people! Are you all working on a specific timeline or staying flexible? I'm working toward a healthy BMI by the end of the year. I do pretty good with eating, but struggle with exercise. I love being active, but get distracted easily. I'm always in the middle of doing 12 things!
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome! Lots of newbies, we can all learn together! I'm trying to stay flexible, but also trying to stay committed. I've started and stopped so many times. Partly because I get off track when life gets a little bumpy, and then its hard to get back on. Also, sometimes I there is too much information out there. Its great to be informed, but I personally get a little overwhelmed when they contradict each other. This site seems simple and safe so hopefully it will stick.