No Fat or Weight Loss

Options
Happy, but a bit confused. Gained about a pound and didn't lose any fat, according to my home scale. However, my measurements have dropped.

Chest 40.5 to 39.875
Waist 41 to 39.5
Hips 39.5 to 38.25

Adding all the inches together totals up to approx 7.375 over the past 18 days. I know it's more about the inches, but confused as how I could be losing inches, but not fat. I've watched my intake and started a weight training program. I can't see how I might have lost muscle with everything that I've been doing. I'm under the impression my scale is like a horrible friend messing with me. I'll continue you to focus on the everything as I have been; weighting and measuring myself every 2 weeks or so.

Kind of happy with some gainage. My arms went from 12 3/4 to 12 7/8. I know it's not a lot, but it's pretty cool. Also weird how my arms are so close to each other in measurements. My calves are pretty close, but my thighs are not.

Replies

• joeystilley
    Options
    since you mentioned your arms got bigger im guess your are lifting weights.. and if you gain some muscle and lose some fat they will cancel each other out and on the scale it wont change.. but since your waist went down you are losing fat... your waist and hips went down quite a bit so sounds like you built a little muscle and lost a little fat.. doesnt get much better than that.. keep at it you will see the scale tip your way.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    Yeah, I figured as much. However, I heard that you really can't gain muscle while losing weight, so i'm a bit intrigured by this situation. Like someone advised me earlier, it's water fluctuation, so that could be the reason for the numbers. I'm just going to continue staying focused on the weights, the boxing and the diet.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're going in the right direction. Your scale will lie, lie, lie to you about. Home scales are very innaccurate when it comes to bodyfat %. They are fun to use tho so keep using it, but take the numbers with a grain of salt. If your waist, hip and thigh measurements are going down, everything is great. You're on your way to looking great with your shirt off at the beach, and no one will ask you what you weigh. Heck, they'll be scared of the 15 inch guns you're building up.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    That's exactly the number i'm going for with my arms. kukuku. the only weight people should be asking me when my arms are like that, should be my work load weights. If anyone asks me how much I weight, I'll be confused and then tell them the difference between my max dead lift and current weight.