Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
What to do to make it a sweet dessert?

Replies

• moosetrap
    moosetrap Posts: 18
    Options
    Add your favorite fruit. Blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, etc.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Add a T of PB and a t of honey. Yum!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, low sugar jam, or honey, I actually prefer it plain with nothing but chia seeds and avocado in it.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I add some frozen berries now and that makes it better. The first time I tried to eat it I thought it was the most disgusting thing I had ever put in my mouth lol
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I love it with just berries on it. But i switch it up and put raw local honey on it, granola(yum!) or all 3 together. Its by far one of my fav things
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I add fruit and if anything, maybe a touch of honey.
  • AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like to add a tbsp of vanilla protein powder. Surprisingly yummy <3
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    add splenda, cinnamon and sliced or slivered blanched almonds
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Actually, it's so rich, I just like it plain. But you can drizzle it with half a teaspoon of honey and then sprinkle it with almonds or pistachios. Add half a banana or strawberries and you can layer it like a parfait.

For years - way before weight problems - I would put it on ice cream instead of whipped cream. Small amount of ice cream (1/4 cup), Greek yogurt, banana.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Today I used 1 cup frozen Dole strawberries, one cup plain non fat yogurt, with 1 scoop protein powder in a blender. Sometimes I use blueberries.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I puree cantaloupe and swirl it in...soooooo good!
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Love these ideas! I had been buying the pre-fruited Greek yogurt, but want to avoid the sugar, so I bought some plain yogurt and was going to start experimenting. Now I know where to start. :-)
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like to add a tbsp of vanilla protein powder. Surprisingly yummy <3

This!
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    don't forget the cinnamon with the fruit!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I buy the chobani greek yogurt, it has the fruit on the bottom; I don't really see a difference in buying plain and adding my own fruit or flavorings. Plain greek yogurt averages 6-9 g of sugar depending on the brand fruit like blueberries, strawberries and peaches average 7-10g a half cup; flavored greek yogurt averages as low as 11g and most sit around 19 grams though I saw one or two higher in the database. Unless you just plan to wave some fruit near your plain yogurt you aren't really saving on grams of sugar by adding your own fruit but you will spend 5-15 more minutes preparing your food.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I buy the chobani greek yogurt, it has the fruit on the bottom; I don't really see a difference in buying plain and adding my own fruit or flavorings. Plain greek yogurt averages 6-9 g of sugar depending on the brand fruit like blueberries, strawberries and peaches average 7-10g a half cup; flavored greek yogurt averages as low as 11g and most sit around 19 grams though I saw one or two higher in the database. Unless you just plan to wave some fruit near your plain yogurt you aren't really saving on grams of sugar by adding your own fruit but you will spend 5-15 more minutes preparing your food.

One major difference is that Chobani has a ton of sugar in it. I love Chobani fruit-on-the-bottom, too, but I definitely have to watch it if I have a cup.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options

One major difference is that Chobani has a ton of sugar in it. I love Chobani fruit-on-the-bottom, too, but I definitely have to watch it if I have a cup.

19grams, I'm looking at a label right now from my breakfast, assuming I bought a different brand in plain with the lowest sugar it would be 6 grams by the time I add 1/2 cup of strawberries 6 more grams I'm up to 12 GRAMS of sugar 19-12 = 7 not a big difference in my book, and I count sugar/carbs because I'm a diabetic.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the combination and LOVE it. plain greek yogurt with a tbls of honey and half cup of blueberries. yummy!
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    if you add some of that insant pudding stuff, and also a bit of milk, and some blueberries,let it set and it makes an awesome cheesecake!!
  • Eckspert
    Eckspert Posts: 3
    Options
    Add in peanut butter, honey, and top it off with ground cinnamon.. mix it together.. tastes like a dessert and is very healthy :)