Options
    @124snuggles: TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure
  • 124snuggles
    Options
    How do you figure that? @ tanyalosingi
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Ladies our hormones have a lot to do with our weight gain/loss. So If you haven't had blood work done in a while I would suggest a quick visit to your Dr. It could be hormone imbalance or thyroid imbalance causing your lack of wt loss.

I have thought about this. I had a physical in October. My testosterone was a bit low, but I really don't want to take hormones. As to the thyroid, could be possible too. Several family members have hashimoto's disease. I think that's how u spell it. But they are required to be on meds. Last I checked, I was ok on that. But who knows? I probably should go again.
  • Nailrep
    Options
    We're both 45 and we've both been doing this for a long time! So we know what to do....keep doin it, trust your body and remember "quitting is not an option" xo

Thanks for that!
  • Nailrep
    Options
    I know you guys think 1000 is low, but I'm only 5'2, so I don't require as many calories to begin with (at my age and exercise lever).

False. I am 4'9.5ish and eat roughly 1600 calories and still lose - when I was eating between 1200 - 1400 I couldnt lose a damn thing. Figure out your TDEE.. you will be surprised at what you learn.

I am willing to give it a shot! Thanks!
  • Shianna33
    Shianna33 Posts: 11
    Options
    You lost 66 lbs. What did you do? Pleaase HELP!!!
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    Good point Ed...this is about lifestyle change not about a diet. It's trying to live healthy everyday for the rest of our lives!!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    June 1st.......of 2012??? It's barely over a week since you're first weigh in. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Give it some time
  • Nailrep
    Options
    June 1st.......of 2012??? It's barely over a week since you're first weigh in. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Give it some time

I've been back on the wagon since April 19th. I just haven't seen any movement on the scales since June 1st. Plateaus are really not like me. I normally figure out my calorie deficit needed to lose X amount of weight in X amount of time, and then I get there. I am perplexed about this. PIZZA!! LOL