How do you satisfy your sweet tooth?

Options
Or any craving really. :)

I was sitting here eating grapes to help a craving and wondered what others do?

Of all the fruits I've eaten, the red seedless grapes have been the best for when I get a really big craving for sweets. Fewer calories too. Such a big help!

So how do you satisfy a craving without falling off the wagon?

Replies

• grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    I eat whatever I want just not much of it or within my calorie allotment.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I have a Mcdonalds vanilla cone daily. Only 150 calories and 24 carbs. Worth every bit of it. Keeps me sane.
  • GigiOnAJourney
    Options
    Chewing a piece of gum usually helps make the craving go away but I do have a recipe for a Paleo Diet brownie that's amazing!
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A granny smith apple. They are SO sweet!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I find almonds help me curb a chocolate craving.

But generally I just eat what I want, and do some exercise, or eat less the following day. As long as it fits in my weekly calorie goal, it's fine. Also - try a smaller portion. Sometimes just a few bites are just as satisfying as the whole thing.
  • tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Fruit. I haven't eaten any sugar, corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, etc. for over a year.
  • 140lbgoal
    140lbgoal Posts: 19
    Options
    I was having a "Sweet Tooth" attack every day, mostly in the evenings while at work. I discovered a cup of ice coffee made with instant coffee, 2 sweeteners and 1/2 cup of Silk, Pure Almond Unsweetened Milk over ice was yummy for my sweet craving. I use to eat chocolate and I mean hit the vending machine for Ding Dongs at midnight! I stopped eating any prepackaged foods, watching my carbs, not calories and in two weeks I lost 18 pounds. I am never hungry, not even after exercising which is mostly just walking daily for 30 minutes and a little weights. I am going to continue because this is the first time in 20 years I have weighed under 200 pounds! Good Luck Smiley!
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat it to often cause I don't like artificial stuff but if I'm craving chocolate I have the jello pudding fat free sugar free. Watermelon is a good fruit that's sweet and mostly water, love that. But if I really want something I just eat a bite or two.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
  • Angela21371
    Options
    i find that the skinny cow candy is the ultimate guilt free indulgence when you know you cant hold off any longer
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free jello cup with fat-free cool whip (2 TBS). 35 calories. :)
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I eat whatever I want just not much of it or within my calorie allotment.

Yep, me too. My body doesn't fall for substitution trickery.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    i find that the skinny cow candy is the ultimate guilt free indulgence when you know you cant hold off any longer

This except is the Skinny Cow Mint Ice Cream sandwiches. I make sure I have 140 calories at the end of the day for it!!
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest challange too. When I crave ice cream, I like the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches...I believe they are 140 calories. If I have to have something sweet/real sugar, I'll eat the Kraft chocolate flavored marshmallows 4 are 100 calories. If I'm being good and my willpower is good, I'll eat fruit. Good luck!
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farms Goldfish S'MORES adventures! :)
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    small handful of semi-sweet vegan grain sweetened chocolate chips, fresh strawberries, and blueberries. Also, carob chips. Always being mindful of how much I've consumed, then stop right there.

The ice cream, cookies, cakes, milk chocolate, was over years ago. :)
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Chocolate ice cream almost nightly. Sometimes after 10pm! *gasp*
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    DSC00602.jpg

sugar-free chocolate pudding
    Lite Cool Whip
    raspberries
    dark chocolate
    almonds

140 calories
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    One serving of Breyer's all natural vanilla ice cream, banana or applesauce. Around here, if I want something sweet, I have to bake it myself. I'm lazy so it keeps me on track haha!
  • lmocha
    lmocha Posts: 16
    Options
    I have a chocolate Fibre1 bar (General Mills) and the calorie-reduced version is 100 cal plus also a decent source of fibre (5g)