Need to Modify 30 Day Shred...

Options
JTick
JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
I am on restricted exercise due to a knee injury. I am not allowed to do any squatting, jumping, bouncing, etc, which cuts out half of the 30 DS. I have still been doing the upper body and ab work, but what are some cardio exercises I could use to fill the two minute gap between strength and ab? Punches get boring...

Replies

• ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I personally would avoid the workout altogether to prevent injury. Have you tried Leslie Sansone's "Walk away the Pounds" dvd's? You can get them for around 10-12 bucks at Target or amazon.com It incorporates light kicks, knee ups, a bunch of arm work at a quick pace. I used it when I injured my back and ankle. It really helped my endurance. Also hoop dancing is great. www.hoopnotica.com has nice adult hoops and dads to help you learn but youtube is better because its free. Good luck.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, lower body exercise is completely restricted except for what Im doing in physical therapy. I have a few more weeks before my knee is strong enough to get back at exercise again. I really like the upper body portion of 30ds, and I use ten lb weights so its definately a challenge, I just hate throwing away those middle two minutes. I might just have to suck it up and not do any cardio until the PT releases me.

Edited to clarify: weight baring exercise is limited. So, bending my knee for ab exercises, etc is okay as long as it isnt causing pain, but I have to just stand in place for upper body stuff.
  • AmyBetty
    AmyBetty Posts: 18
    Options
    It's a tricky problem you have as most cardio involves the legs moving. I am training a friend who recently had a knee dislocation so she's in the same boat as you. We do lots of punching. Mainly with light dumbbells. You can mix up the types of punches you do - punches, hooks, uppercuts, overhead punching. I've noticed Jillians punches aren't very fast, so try going as fast as you can for that 2minutes to really get your HR up. If you really want to get into it, have a look on eBay for a punching bag. You can pick them up pretty cheaply. Wishing you a speedy recovery!