What's your favorite "dieter" meal/snack?

Options
I am new to dieting and haven't the slightest idea as to what I should eat, when to eat it, etc etc So I was hoping everyone could post their favorite low fat or diet-y meals so that I can create a meal plan of my own to help boost my weight loss. Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• pldg
    pldg Posts: 18
    Options
    I like raw veggies (like carrots, bell peppers, celery, cucumbers, and broccoli) with hummus. Another good snack is low fat cottage cheese with fruit (peaches or berries are amazing, and cottage cheese has tons of protein to build muscle and keep you full). Nuts are always awesome, especially with greek yogurt. Natural peanut butter or almond butter is good on whole grain bread or low fat graham crackers.
    Good luck! I'll be praying for you!
  • Minner_Tinner
    Options
    Thank you So much!!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    There are so many....

Any protein with just a simple seasoning is great (Salmon and Chef Paul Prudhommes Magic Seasoning is my go to)

Zucchinni and Feta (Sautee Zuch in nonstick pan in cooking spray for 20 minutes and mix with crumbled feta when done - 1 oz feta to 3oz zuch)

Apples and peanut butter

Veggies with a little (not too much) ranch dressing

Pure protein bars

Low fat string cheese

Almonds

Twice baked sweet potatoes (Bake for 1hr - mix filling with 2oz goat cheese per potatoe and some nutmeg, cinnamon, cumin and green onions to taste) and bake for an additional 15 minutes
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Veggies & hummus is one of my favorite snacks.
    Sliced apple with almond or peanut butter, or a piece of string cheese or a Baby Bell mini round cheese.
    Dryers Fruit Bars - a daily treat on these hot days!
    Popcorn with coconut oil - popped in a brown paper bag in my microwave (or air-popped), then I top with coconut oil & a shake of salt.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Apple + PB2 (peanut butter powder)

Veggies + 1 TBS full fat ranch + 1 TBS fat free ranch

Cucumber + tomato + 1 TBS italian dressing (or vinegar)