Spaghetti Squash

Options
LErkman
LErkman Posts: 20 Member
I've not cooked this in a while. Just wanted to see if anyone had some good recipes for Spaghetti squash. Thanks
~Leslie

Replies

• purprincess33
    purprincess33 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I actually just treat it like spaghetti. Actually just had some tonight, I put light organic tomato sauce on it. I use the veggie meatballs, and just a small amount of Parmesan cheese. I dont really get to fancy with it, But a co-worker of mine was telling me she makes a casserole out of it. She adds sauce and ground turkey and cooks it in the oven. If your on pinterest there is a lot of recipes on there for spaghetti squash. HTH!
  • jcarrigan11
    Options
    This is how I like to cook mine-

1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
    3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
    3 tablespoons sliced black olives
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & Lightly grease a baking sheet.
    2. Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven, and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
    3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
    4. Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the sauteed vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warm.

Calories: 147 Total Fat: 9.8g
    6 Servings
    :smile:
  • price1122
    price1122 Posts: 1
    Options
    Mmmmmm....that sounds wonderful. I'm going to give it a try. I like spaghetti squash with just some parmesan cheese and parsley added. The parsley gives it a little color.
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got a julienne peeler so I can just peel it ( turns it into noodle like strings) then I just toss it in a skillet with other veggies and then tomato sauce if I'm feeling lile traditional spaghetti. I also love it with melted laughing cow cheese or with a 100 cal pack of wholly guacamole melted instead of tomato sauce just for something different, I usually eat mine with chicken or salmon just to get protein in there too,
  • msstephens
    Options
    I was wondering what spaghetti squash was. Every time I add squash to mi meals spaghetti squash comes up. Thanks, now I knoow what it is and will have to try it.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipe. Thanks for sharing
  • LErkman
    LErkman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes. :-)
  • Sandi442116
    Sandi442116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I Cook mine in the oven then put either butter spray or butter, bacon bits, parm cheese, salt and pepper. Yumm
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pittcurl
    pittcurl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm finally breaking down and going to try it next week. I'm just curious what you guys put on it. I'm seeing everyone putting regular sauce. I try not to use a lot of tomatoes (or sauce b/c of the sugar content). I just wanted to do an aglio n olio or just a little italian dressing cooked into it..... Thanks guys. I pray it all turns out!!