Breast Reductions

Options
I live in Ontario Canada where, if you fit the bill, our provincial health care will pay for breast reduction surgery. I had a consultation this morning- and I fit the bill and thats all well and good. However the surgeon told me that I would need to have liposuction on the sides in order to save from having "fatty deposits"- this however costs almost $2000. This seems a little silly to me since the fatty deposits are in my breasts...so why can he not remove those when he does the reduction??
My question is, has anyone had this done? preferably in Ontario? Did you have to have the liposuction done??

Replies

• Ahumphrey41
    Ahumphrey41 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would definitely get a second opinion. I agree with you on, Why get liposuction when that is basically what you are going in for, to reduce your breast. I am currently a 36H (which is truly ridicules!) and I am looking into breast reduction also, but I live in the US so it will probably be different than yours. But we hear enough horror stories as it is, so definitely get a second opinion!
  • s_amaadar
    s_amaadar Posts: 1
    Options
    I live in Ontario as well and I'm hoping to have a reduction soon too. I know someone who has had it done and they didn't have to pay for anything extra. They had the reduction and lift courtesy of our ontario healthcare. make sure you ask about a lift too because once they do the reduction it can leave you saggy, but i think that procedure depends on the surgeon whether they charge ohip for that or you. But definalty get a second opinion. I have been talking to my regular physician about it and he has refered me to a reputable plastic surgeon in my area. Good luck.
  • missfit12
    missfit12 Posts: 10
    Options
    Although I do not live in Ontario, I am coming up on my one year anniversary of a breast reduction. I also was a 36h+. They were so HUGE! Now I am a C-D.

I highly highly recommend it! Mine are beautiful to me and I no longer feel like a freak. The added benefit is they are so super perky! :)

Any questions, no matter how personal, I am here to help.

Hugs!

Teri
  • missfit12
    missfit12 Posts: 10
    Options
    P.S. if you would rather keep it private my email is Misschickiechick@gmail.com
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The doctor is a pretty respectable doctor in my city- from what I have heard. He is picky, and a perfectionist- which are good qualities in a surgeon. I just don't understand the lipo thing..I have a meeting with my family doctor today- who referred me to the surgeon. I will see what she says about the whole thing. I really want to get it done! It will definitley help in the exercise portion of this journey!
  • Khole02
    Options
    That is awesome that your considering it! I must admit I was soo scared when I got approved in NB Canada, I was a 42 Double E to E, they told me to lose about 30 pounds, I didnt listen and thought you know it's going to work if I don't. Well I shold have listened
    I had it done last year in June for its been a little over a year ,I WAS THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE, since I have currently lost 60 pounds they are bow 36B, I love them even if they have scars. My back hurt since I I was in grade 7 :( I use to get my fiance to rub my back evernight.. NOT even joking. I could not jog, because they were SOOOO heavy, I couldn't imagine having not gotten it done They took off 6 pounds it was crazy!! NO MORE BACK PAIN!! :):):)::):):). I think you will be very happy. I did not pay for it my Health Insurance paid for it !