Remember me?

Options
Remember me? The girl with all the excuses to never stay on a "eating healthy plan"...

I am back. I am currently going through a divorce. It makes me so sick, my soon to be ex husband has lost 20 lbs since I left, and he is not even trying. I need to lose at LEAST 30, and I don't even know where to start. I am SOO busy. I work full time, go to college full time, and have a 2 year old.

I need encouragement. I want my old body back. I have GAINED 10 pounds in the past 2 months since our separation instead of losing it. I am not even eating a lot, I am just so busy so grab food when I can...I feel so self conscious about my body.

I was in a very abusive marriage, where he called me stupid, ugly, fat, any horrible thing you can think of on a daily basis. Its left me feeling like every guy would feel that way about me. I want to get back down to 120-130. I am 5'2. Please help.

Replies

• lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm so sorry for your current situation - I'm sure it's not the easiest thing to go through.

Kudos to you on being a full time working mom, not to mention going to school full time! You're an inspiration!

There is no doubt in my mind you can reach your goal. Take some time to create a plan and then stick to it. Since it's jut you and your 2 year old, there's no one else that can buy bad food!

Goodluck!
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    welcome back.
    you've taken the first step.
    please remember that you are very much worth the time and energy that you spend on yourself.
    it may not seem like it now but please remember that your 2 year old needs you to be the best you can be!

hugs to you and good luck :drinker:
  • cboehm
    cboehm Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome back and good luck I have been exactly where you are 10 yrs ago - you are alot stronger then you think and a happy mom makes for a happy baby. Take it one day at a time and don't even think about what your ex may be losing in term of weight just focus on what you are doing for you. :smile:
  • running_wiz
    Options
    You have to do this for yourself. Not for a guy.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome back
    You can do this
    Start today with a plan
    decide what you are going to eat and stick to the plan, no matter what
    Have water to drink all day long:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Tomorrow you can make a new plan and stick to it

Don't try to change your whole life at once
    Do it one day at a time
    Take baby steps

Stay open minded to new ideas

Stay in the moment
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Rosebud1956
    Options
    Welcome back, I know you can do this. Focus on what you want for yourself rather than what is going on with your ex. Its his lose! Thats how you can put that to rest. Take care of yourself and your child, and dont be so hard on your self.:flowerforyou:
  • ShellyRGarcia
    ShellyRGarcia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    pack a lunch of healthy foods and plot your calories the night before. Do it straight for one week, just one week or even day at a time. by the end of the week look back and think, "Wow I did it, I can keep doing it." Before you know it you will be losing weight. Buy a little cooler to take in your car and fill it with all your foods for the day! You can do it!

Once you see the weight coming off it will keep you motivated! You'll be in my prayers!

:smile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options

She is right if you trying to loose weight for any other reasons besides yourself or health reason then you should try when those are your primary reasons..Because if you doing it for vanity you want stick with it..Not proove me wrong:laugh: :flowerforyou: Welcome back
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Welcome back! Love your name :wink:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • xoalyssaox
    xoalyssaox Posts: 320
    Options

She is right if you trying to loose weight for any other reasons besides yourself or health reason then you should try when those are your primary reasons..Because if you doing it for vanity you want stick with it..Not proove me wrong:laugh: :flowerforyou: Welcome back

It has nothing to do with him. I am doing it for me. I was just saying how I hate the way men's bodies are!!!