Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So excited!!! Bodybuilding.com

I lost 13 pounds of unwanted weight..my tickers jacked up somehow lol..but i am now focusing on losing more fat and gaining muscle..i would love some advice on this..i also would love to meet new people,and new inspirations!!..i am in this for the long haul!!!:)) I can't wait to figure out all my needs from calories to macros so i can get this going!!..i can see it happening!! Lol..
Just made an account on bodybuilding.com..very new to it, but feel free to add me. My username is the same as it is here: nikkimaxim

WATCH ME TRANSFORM!!!!:)

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Get ready to eat well above TDEE.
    YAY for food!
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Bump lol
  • Helloitsdan
    Do you know what to do to build lean mass while keeping fat low?
  • BecciJG
    BecciJG Posts: 55 Member
    bump
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member

I am interested in this.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member

1. Consume at least 1g of protein for every lb of your bodyweight. I weigh about 212lb so I try to get at least 212g of protein per day.
    2. Eat slightly over your BMR (base metabolic rate) in calories.
    3. Fill in the carbs and fat however works best for you. Personally I use 35/35/30 C/P/F
    4. Get adequate rest
    5. Lift heavy
  • Helloitsdan

1. Consume at least 1g of protein for every lb of your bodyweight. I weigh about 212lb so I try to get at least 212g of protein per day.
    2. Eat slightly over your BMR (base metabolic rate) in calories.
    3. Fill in the carbs and fat however works best for you. Personally I use 35/35/30 C/P/F
    4. Get adequate rest
    5. Lift heavy

By BMR he means TDEE.
    Cant build lean mass below TDEE unless you are obese.
    Most other points are just about right.
  • Nikkimaxim
    Thank you so much!..I've been trying to figure this out..i lost my weight on 1500 calories a day and under for the past 3 months..my tdee is 2077...i think starting at 1940, should be alright, right?..im scared to gain back my fat though lol..should I still be doing cardio?..if so, how much, how often??
  • Nikkimaxim
    Thank you so much!..I've been trying to figure this out..i lost my weight on 1500 calories a day and under for the past 3 months..my tdee is 2077...i think starting at 1940, should be alright, right?..im scared to gain back my fat though lol..should I still be doing cardio?..if so, how much, how often??

^ bump lol
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member

Keeping rule #1 in mind, add 250 cal to your daily base rate and see how that goes for a few weeks before adjusting anything. Adding muscle efficiently requires strenuous effort in the gym. The goal is to force your body to adapt to something it's not used to. The more you ask of your body, the more it will respond with muscle.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Good luck! I still have around 10 pounds to lose but I have started lifting heavy and love it!
  • Helloitsdan

Have 3 days lifting a week at 2300-2400.
    The other 4 days should be at 1700-2k.

Thats cyclical dieting in a quick nutshell.

If you really want to do it up, cycle carbs up really high and cut fat on lift days and fats high with low carbs on rest days.
    Keep protein at 1g per LBM and youll do great!
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    I love smart fit people :)
  • Pascua_j
    Pascua_j Posts: 67 Member

Have 3 days lifting a week at 2300-2400.
    The other 4 days should be at 1700-2k.

Thats cyclical dieting in a quick nutshell.

How do you know your TDEE? I lost weight at 1200 cal, switched to maintenance at 1600 now want to add muscle...
    Thinking of doing Jaime Eason's LIVE FIT but terrified of no cardio?
    If you really want to do it up, cycle carbs up really high and cut fat on lift days and fats high with low carbs on rest days.
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    bump
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    I have several friends doing the Live Fit...they LOVE it! Cardio does come into play, just not right out of the gate. Their results look pretty darn good too. AND IT'S FREE! Can't beat personal training with that :) Give it a chance I guess is what I am rambling about... good luck!
  • Nikkimaxim
    Whats the 5x5 program?..is it a nice way to start?
  • Helloitsdan
    How do you know your TDEE? I lost weight at 1200 cal, switched to maintenance at 1600 now want to add muscle...
    Thinking of doing Jaime Eason's LIVE FIT but terrified of no cardio?

I use Fat to Fit Tools.

1) Military body fat calc.
    2) BMR tool with info from Body Fat Calc.
    3) Enter current weight as goal weight and hit go.
    4) note your BMR Katch McArdle setting.
    5) Use Light Activity calories from list below.
    6) Change MFP settings to reflect TDEE.
    Change Macronutrients to a Protein 30%, Fat 30%, Carb 40% setting.
    7) On lifting days, 3 days a week, eat 20% above TDEE putting MFP calories in the red.
    On Rest days eat a little below TDEE, 15-20% below, to maintain lower fat levels.

This will help you stay lean while possibly building lean mass.
    This is all assuming you have a good training program in place like Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Bodybuilding.com is a great site - I have not set up a profile, but plan to once I'm done cutting weight!
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    ohh i might join this bodybuilding.com, is it free? I want to look lean :)