My New Fur Baby

Options
2»

Replies

• seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.....

Tigger is going to be an indoor cat so he is getting to know what he can and can't do....When he does something he shouldn't, all I do is say 'no' in a forceful voice and it's working.......

Everything that the RSPCA said to do, I only did for a very short time....I think they underestimated Tigger and how well he would take to me and his new home.....They said to lock him in a room to get him used to his new home bit by bit but I only do this if I have to go out.....This is for my feather babies safety only.....At night he has the run of my home same as in the day when I'm home.......If he had tried to get to my feather babies I would have heard them.....

I think he must sense that I need him as much as he needs me.....

All 3 of my kitties are indoor cats! The lifespan of an indoor cat is way longer, but just make sure there are enough toys, other cats, etc. You don't want the lil cutie getting bored :)

I rent so only allowed one cat....My landlord actually told me not to advertise that I have a cat....As in tell the other tenants......
    When I go shopping I'm always looking for new toys for him......When I get boxes I keep them for him to play with....

He has had a run around tonight and now has his head resting on my lappy sleeping....
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.....

Tigger is going to be an indoor cat so he is getting to know what he can and can't do....When he does something he shouldn't, all I do is say 'no' in a forceful voice and it's working.......

Everything that the RSPCA said to do, I only did for a very short time....I think they underestimated Tigger and how well he would take to me and his new home.....They said to lock him in a room to get him used to his new home bit by bit but I only do this if I have to go out.....This is for my feather babies safety only.....At night he has the run of my home same as in the day when I'm home.......If he had tried to get to my feather babies I would have heard them.....

All 3 of my kitties are indoor cats! The lifespan of an indoor cat is way longer, but just make sure there are enough toys, other cats, etc. You don't want the lil cutie getting bored :)

I rent so only allowed one cat....My landlord actually told me not to advertise that I have a cat....As in tell the other tenants......
    When I go shopping I'm always looking for new toys for him......When I get boxes I keep them for him to play with....

He has had a run around tonight and now has his head resting on my lappy sleeping....

okay that's good :)
    My friend's cat actually became depressed cos she worked 12 hours days and was never home :(
  • seal57
    Options
    Thanks all.....

okay that's good :)
    My friend's cat actually became depressed cos she worked 12 hours days and was never home :(

The poor *****....I could never leave Tigger alone for that long and I hope I never have to.....When I'm working, and we're not to busy, I try and pop home for a few minutes while just to say hi and give him a cuddle...I'm lucky in my job I can take a break when I want to....

I wish I had some way to put a barrier between Tigger and his feathered siblings, that way he would have more room to play....
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Squuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Lovely cutie pie.....

Insania Cattus Domini
  • seal57
    Options
    Latest pic of Tigger..Sitting where he shouldn't be.....The last couple of nights he has been sleeping with me my under the covers snuggling at my feet.....Tomorrow we are off to the vet for his booster shot......He seems to know that he isn't allowed out the front door because when I go out for a few minutes I come back and he is sitting on my bed waiting for me.....

tigger5_tn.jpg
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    He's georgous :-)
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    What a sweetheart!!! :love: Thanks for sharing your kitty story!

We rescued a little orange furball from the spca a year and a half ago. He was maybe 2 weeks old and the spca told our neighbor he was too young and would be put down immediately if left there. Thank heavens she took him back and asked us if we wanted a kitty. He's now 15 lb of love and cuddles :laugh:

Almost the same situation happened with our second kitty last October. Her brothers and sisters were big enough to go to the spca but since she was the runt of the litter, she would've been put down as well. The same neighbour brought her back to us and now the two of em are inseperatable!
  • seal57
    Options
    You are welcome...I love sharing him...

Earlier he was snuggled up in my arms and I just felt so happy to have him that I started crying.....I've had cats before but Tigger is different...Before I wanted a cat but now I needed one and I'm so glad that Tigger is that one....When I went to the R.S.P.C.A. to get a kitten I took the first one they passed to me....I didn't want to have to chose between the ones they had....
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    He's such a darling.