Bigger is not always better

Options
2»

Replies

• jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Believe me, you ARE NOT the big girl, I've lost 82.5 and still have 17 to go, You are starting out weighing less than I do now after my huge loss, In this case, you would be considered one of the small ones, take it from someone who knows!
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My overall goal is to lose 101 pounds. That would let me say I am 199. If I follow the "ideal weight scale" I have to lose 130. I haven't been that small since 6th grade. I have a large frame as well,so I figure I am going to lose until I feel comfortable.
  • Selgar
    Selgar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose about the same amount as you - And although my profile pic ,might not look like it, that is because I don't seem to keep around too many recent fat girl pics! I'm just hoping to one day look close to my profile pic again!! :wink: Feel free to add me!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I've lost 66 of the 90 pounds I have to lose. You can do it!
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome ~ it's a great place and we are all differnt sizes here- my pic is a face pic for a reason- didn't want to scare others with a full body shot!!!

I've got alot to lose- but I'm setting small goals - I've lost 52 pounds from my high- but still have another 42 to go for my interim goal and then we will see from there- feel free to add me as a friend if you need support :)
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    From starting weight of 201, I want to lose somewhere between 75 and 85 pounds. Already down 20. I am only 5'1" and am carrying around a lot of extra weight.

Oh I am originally from Oregon. I miss it and all my family and friends a lot. I have lived in the deep south though for the last 3 years. Feel free to add me for support and encouragement.
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    I have 40 lbs to lose. There are lots of folks on here needing to lose 50+. You are not alone. We are all in this together. Feel free to friend me for some support and access to my food diary. Good luck!!!!
  • stacy_7171
    stacy_7171 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone, for the friendly welcome, advice, and for sharing your story. You guys are fabulous! I really am blown away by how many people posted a nice, friendly reply to my entry.

So, now that I know about the "fat girl angle"....who knows, maybe I can soon post my pic. :blushing:
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I Love LOVE LOVE Oregon! I live in BC and we go there on road trips as often as we can! I have about 35 lbs to lose to get to the higher end of "normal" according to all the charts, but I'd like to end up with a decent body fat % where i can see a bit of definition. This is a LONG WAYS away for me!
    My current plan is just staying under my calorie goals, hydrating enough and doing Insanity and still being alive at the end of each workout! :-)
    Friend request sent!!
  • Dawn3218
    Dawn3218 Posts: 80
    Options
    Uhm......... Your STARTING weight is how much I have lost so far. I have lost 184 lbs and still have about 20 to go........ You are NOT the big girl!!!!!

WOW!!
    Just looked at your profile - amazing weight loss - you look fantastic :flowerforyou: This is a BIG inspiration to the OP and the rest of us!!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I started out with a goal of about 60 pounds, so you're definitely not the "big girl on the block." All of us are here for the same reasons: to change how we look and feel for better overall well-being (whether that means gaining, losing, or maintaining weight for some).

I'm about halfway through my journey, but feel free to add me! And good luck, by the way! :flowerforyou:
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've got 88lbs to lose in total but I'm doing it as several small goals so I don't get put off by seeing that I still have loads to go :)
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Christi, on your weight loss thus far. That must feel so wonderful. I'm so envious!

Thanks. You'll get there. Everybody has a first day, first month, first year. :smile:
  • SamanthaD23
    SamanthaD23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    re: skinny profile pics - it could also be a picture of who inspires them or the shape they aspire to.
  • SamanthaD23
    SamanthaD23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    haha fat girl angle is usually from up above, head turned a little to the side for me :0)

LOL!! girl you are SO right haha x