Pat on the back....

Options
I finally got on the treadmill this morning after procrastinating and putting it off.......So I was thinking.....Here's my pat on the back to those of you who got up and DID IT even though you didn't feel like doing it! :drinker:

It's so ironic what an enemy our thoughts/mind can be in this whole process. With the same mind, we know that this exercise is what is best for us and it is SCREAMING at us the whole time, DON'T DO IT!!!!:laugh:

Replies

• pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I finally got on the treadmill this morning after procrastinating and putting it off.......So I was thinking.....Here's my pat on the back to those of you who got up and DID IT even though you didn't feel like doing it! :drinker:

It's so ironic what an enemy our thoughts/mind can be in this whole process. With the same mind, we know that this exercise is what is best for us and it is SCREAMING at us the whole time, DON'T DO IT!!!!:laugh:
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good Job pam0206...

I was just thinking I should go to this spinning class at noon... I think your post just helped me make up my mind to do it!

Have a great day!!!
    Angela :flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    If you persist soon your body will start craving the chemicals it produces during a good workout and you'll find it more cooperative when you need it to be for exercising.

Great job!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I think my body's broken. Mine doesn't produce those chemicals, or my head doesn't like them or something, cuz it never got easier. I still do it every day, but I doubt I'll ever love it. I'm a team sports kind of guy anyway, working out seems so...lonely to me.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you persist soon your body will start craving the chemicals it produces during a good workout and you'll find it more cooperative when you need it to be for exercising.

Great job!

Yep, after doing this steady for 7 weeks my body really loves the working out. I can feel it around 10am when I'm sitting at my desk. It starts to say "Jessica, go to the gym, I want to move!"
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well pam0206,
    I went to the spinning class and I'm so glad I did... thanks for the motivation this morning!!!

Angela :flowerforyou: