Contemplating what being a dad is...

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    OMG I just now read that article and once I clicked off it, I went to MFP and saw that you posted this! This man is a hero... my heart breaks for this little girl and rejoices for her having such a great dad! Who wouldn't do EXACTLY the same thing? Bless them.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    This is pure 100% justice as I mentioned.
    Of course the community is standing behind this man.
    He is a hero!
    No trial, jury or wasted tax money paying for this crumb's incarceration.
    A HAPPY ENDING!
  • I just read this story this morning. As a father to a 4 year old boy, i would have reacted the same way. No doubt in my mind.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Don't f uck with Texans, let alone their children.

I would have done the same without even thinking twice.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member

I am from Michigan, J.... I would have done the same.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Yeah +1.... don't know that I would've taken the time to make a phone call though.. think I'd have just fed him to the coyotes
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    I agree, with what happened. I am glad the Attroney;s office decided not to go for a plibicity stunt and waste tax payers money. I back the dad 100% based on what I read in the media. Kudo's to him and an outstanding job and Law Enforcement of the county, and Attorney's office
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    This father did everything correctly.
    He saved his Daughter and he "stopped" the attacker.
    He called 911 which made the case to NOT prosecute him even stronger.
    I hope that they can all move forward from this.
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    It's nice to see that he won't be persecuted for protecting his family. Breaks my heart that he was forced to take those actions but thank god he was there to save her! I have a 4 year old and I'm pretty sure I would have done the same as a mom had it been me.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    That's good he wasn't charged. I'm surprised, though, as deadly force was not warranted in the situation.

I read somewhere that he regrets killing the man. Maybe he just regrets the part where he brutally beat the man to death in front of his little girl who already suffered trauma that day. Who knows?
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    My dad would have done the same even if he thought it would put him in prison. He's my hero, as this little girl's dad will be her hero.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    That's good he wasn't charged. I'm surprised, though, as deadly force was not warranted in the situation.

I read somewhere that he regrets killing the man. Maybe he just regrets the part where he brutally beat the man to death in front of his little girl who already suffered trauma that day. Who knows?

While we are all entitled to our own opinions... I think deadly force was MORE than warranted in this situation. If it were my son... can't even finish the thought :(
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member

While we are all entitled to our own opinions... I think deadly force was MORE than warranted in this situation. If it were my son... can't even finish the thought :(

Really, he felt that he or his daughter were in immediate danger of losing their lives? I can see it maybe in the first minute as he's pulling the man off, but eventually he would have lost conciousness... it takes a LOT of effort and some time to beat a man to death.

Like I said, I'm glad he wasn't charged, but I can't call him a hero. And I doubt he would want to be called one, considering he now has to live with the fact that he beat a man to death with his bare hands. In front of his little girl.
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member

Really, he felt that he or his daughter were in immediate danger of losing their lives? I can see it maybe in the first minute as he's pulling the man off, but eventually he would have lost conciousness... it takes a LOT of effort and some time to beat a man to death.

Like I said, I'm glad he wasn't charged, but I can't call him a hero. And I doubt he would want to be called one, considering he now has to live with the fact that he beat a man to death with his bare hands. In front of his little girl.

He didn't beat the man infront of his daughter. When he ran toward her screams, some of the other ranch hands ran with him and they grabbed her immediately and took her to the house. The father beat the man in the heat of the moment, as nearly any father would, and in that moment of such intense rage I can't imagine the levels of adrenaline the guy had. The handful of punches he threw in those seconds were probably more powerful than anything he ever thought himself capable of. He didn't beat the guy for long - it didn't take long with that kind of power. He also didn't intend to kill him, as can be heard in the 911 calls, but again, he was focused on one thing and that was protecting his little girl. The court ruled that force was warranted because his daughter's life was in danger.

I hope he knows he probably saved many other little girls that day, not just his own.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Ahhhhhhh Country Justice!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber

I completely respect your opinion... although I still don't share it. :flowerforyou:
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member

rubbish - one punch can kill a man, 100 punchs may do nothing, it all depends upon the force behind the punch and the 'punchee'

I suspect you are not a parent or you would not say 'did not warrent excessive force' either that or you are deliberatley trying to play devils advocate.

IMO he was 100% justified in what he did - and he OBVIOUSLY did not intend to kill the guy - or he wouldn't of called 911 and begged them to come quick before the guy died. I suspect he hit out to stop him, and caused more injury than he had intended too. Luckily for all involved the police obviously agree with me.
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member

I am from Michigan, J.... I would have done the same.

Another michigander and father of 2 daughters ... wouldnt have thought twice about doing the same thing !
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Well chances are if the guy had lived and gone to prison the inmates probably would have beat him to death anyway. Even the harshest murderers don't put up with child abuse/molestation.
  • stephenglover
    stephenglover Posts: 87 Member

rubbish - one punch can kill a man, 100 punchs may do nothing, it all depends upon the force behind the punch and the 'punchee'

I suspect you are not a parent or you would not say 'did not warrent excessive force' either that or you are deliberatley trying to play devils advocate.

IMO he was 100% justified in what he did - and he OBVIOUSLY did not intend to kill the guy - or he wouldn't of called 911 and begged them to come quick before the guy died. I suspect he hit out to stop him, and caused more injury than he had intended too. Luckily for all involved the police obviously agree with me.

Exactly on both comments, all it takes is one punch and you can kill with it. He was so mad his adrenaline pumping never new he had that in him.

The man should have never put his self in the position and he would be alive, thank god he is not, as this probably saved others.
    Could have been one of my two daughters but with my youngest being a 2nd degree blackbelt I kind of doubt it, haha!