Total Gym XLS ?

Options
Has anyone used this machine. It is selling for a very reasonable price on Amazon and I was wondering if anyone here had real life experience with it. My plan is to use the Elliptical for 30-45 minutes per day 3x a week and use the Total Gym the other 3x a week. My main goals are obviously to burn calories, lose weight, but also I really want to lose my "man boobs", stomach, and love handles. Does anyone who has used this machine think it's worth it for these goals. Also I am on a diet already, I just purely asking about the exercise side.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I've never used one, but I've been looking into getting one myself. I have read some really good reviews. If you dig through google you can find reviews from actual people that aren't just trying to sell it lol
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    It's best used by putting the whole machine on your traps/shoulders and squatting it.

squat rack + olympic barbell set + weight bench = pretty much most everything you need.
  • EmiNesli
    EmiNesli Posts: 1
    Options
    I just bought the total gym XLS 2 days ago from a local graigslist ad.
    They were asking $650 but I am a good negotiator and I ended up paying $190 for it.
    I am very lucky, this couple boughted It a year ago but did not use it. Besides the accumulated dust, it was in pristin conditions, you can really tell its new, all accesories were incuded and the DVDs were still wraped.
    Anyways, these 2 days I have been using it and LOVING it!
    It is fantastic!
    I can feel the muscles working.
    Two things that make it a great machine is the large variety of exercises that are possible with it, You can work every part of your body.
    Also, it takes a small amout of space to store when not in use.
    I stongly recommend that you get one! I think it can definitely help you achieve your goals.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Mine has been sitting in my bedroom, holding folded clothes that need to be put away, pretty much since we bought it 6 years ago. Just put it back into action and am doing the starter program for the next few days before I move on to the beginner program. I think it works great and I love how smooth and sturdy it feels. Combined with some cardio like walking, running, swimming, etc. it should make for a great fitness routine.