Life Change

Options
Good morning (evening and good night) all!

I've been adding people from the forums here that I thought would be an inspiration and that I thought would help motivate me as I return the favor. I hadn't posted anything because I'm a newb but I figured I was just being shy so here I go...

I am here to make a life change for myself and my family. I want to be able to see my grandchildren grow up. I've had a lot of issues with weight (as do almost everyone) and I just want to be healthy. If I do it then my kids will have the opportunity to know how to make the right healthy decisions as they mature and won't have to struggle with not knowing as I did.

Yeah, that's all I can think of now. So please add me if you need motivation or if you would like to help keep me motivated! Thanks for reading. :)

Replies

• 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome! At first I didn't post much either, but now I can't keep my mouth shut. :laugh:

You'll find lots of support here. Keep going and you'll meet your goals!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Pal has been an incredible tool in helping me to achieve similar health goals you stated - Just stick with it and remember a few small things and you will succeed:

1) Don't try to focus on weight loss - focus on healthy eating fitness and the weight will come off by itself
    2) Don't get frustrated if you hit a plateau - stick with it and you will get past it eventually - I look at weight loss like a big hour glass - the grains fall out very slowly and you cannot even tell things are changing - but they are.
    3) Make small changes - don't do drastic things or restrict yourself - you are changing for life, not just the short term - I look forward to my new food choices -I i don't see them as a punishment - I allow myself to still eat things I like.

Good luck!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Pal has been an incredible tool in helping me to achieve similar health goals you stated - Just stick with it and remember a few small things and you will succeed:

1) Don't try to focus on weight loss - focus on healthy eating fitness and the weight will come off by itself
    2) Don't get frustrated if you hit a plateau - stick with it and you will get past it eventually - I look at weight loss like a big hour glass - the grains fall out very slowly and you cannot even tell things are changing - but they are.
    3) Make small changes - don't do drastic things or restrict yourself - you are changing for life, not just the short term - I look forward to my new food choices -I i don't see them as a punishment - I allow myself to still eat things I like.

Good luck!

OMG, yes, absolutely this ...... baby steps work fine ...... enjoy the journey !
    :flowerforyou:
  • mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Good luck!

This is my goal actually. I don't really have a personal weight loss goal (what I've posted was given to me by my testing) I just want to feel good and have a fulfilling life.

Thanks so much for the encouragement everyone. :)