Hopefully my last "try"

Options
I am 39 and live in Maryland. I have been talking about wanting to lose weight my whole life. I know what I want the end result to be but I fall short in the actual planning. I can't just wish it to happen. I have to put in the work. My husband took a picture of me with my son this weekend and I was horrified at what I looked like. I have been lucky that my health has not suffered very much (yet) as a result of being so over weight. I can't fall back into the same old routine of poor eating and no exercise. I can do this.

Replies

• jendeb311
    jendeb311 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes you can!
  • 4sandrad
    4sandrad Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You bet you can!!! You WILL come out of this a winner!!!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    You can. Just start.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place, as far as I'm concerned. MFP has helped me so much. But, the best part are the wonderful, supportive friends you can make here. Maybe, I could do it without them, but it is so much easier with cheerleaders! You can do anything you want to do. Good luck!
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Every day I tell myself dont try Just Do It!!
    Friend me if you want
  • chickenrider
    Options
    I am 39 and live in Maryland. I have been talking about wanting to lose weight my whole life. I know what I want the end result to be but I fall short in the actual planning. I can't just wish it to happen. I have to put in the work. My husband took a picture of me with my son this weekend and I was horrified at what I looked like. I have been lucky that my health has not suffered very much (yet) as a result of being so over weight. I can't fall back into the same old routine of poor eating and no exercise. I can do this.

Of course you can do it and as parents basically everything we do we do for out kids. Do it now so that you can be around longer for your son. Add me if you like :) We can do it together.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I can guarantee that somewhere along the line, you will fail in your expectations for yourself and so this will be far from your last 'try.'. The question is whether you will immediately get back up and 'try' again, or wallow in the fact that you couldn't do it and lose whatever progress you made. Learn, correct, and move forward. Never look back and focus on the goal.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Let's just change your title from "try" to "will" Remember too that you are now on a life-long journey to become nd stay healthy.
    You aren't on here to "try" to lose weight you are on here "to" lose weight. You have to learn how to change your attitude about this journey into a "can-do" attitude !!!
    Yes you will have down times where you don't think you can do anymore but that is when you take a look at how far you have come and if you need more inspiration and motivation to get you moving scroll through the "success stories" part of the message board. It is an awesome tool, especially if you find someone on a similar path as you.

You can do this!!
  • mercymarque
    mercymarque Posts: 450
    Options
    Hi I'm Mercy. My cousin put me on to this spot. I've always ate healthy and walked. I had a baby three years ago, went to school and held down 2-3 jobs at a time. I haven't had much time to exercise these days and packed on some pounds. I'm currently at a place I don't want to be. In the 200 zone. I'm comfortable in my own skin but want to be that sexy wife my husband married almost 8 yrs ago. I posted a picture of myself on our wedding day. I want her back. My cousin is definantly going to be my inspiration. She is done 35 pounds. We joined PF and will hopefully go there tomorrow to work out. She introduced me to some of her friends on here and they have encouraged me too. It's hot as all out doors in NJ. I knew I wasn't going to get much exercise in because of the weather and having to work my second job tonight. I have a jobs were I am sitting for the most part. I did some lunges and stomach vaccuums from a tip from Amanda. Every little bit helps. Stay encouraged. You can do it.
  • hddeuce1966
    hddeuce1966 Posts: 104
    Options
    This is hopefully my last try too. I finally realized nobody but me can make the change to being healthy. Anyone who wants to may friend me. I have some awesome friends already but can use some more. You can never have too many friends.
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    I've tried and lost and gained so many times, that I swore I would never try again. Every time I lost weight I would gain it back and then some. This time I'm working on changing my habits. I'm not on a diet any more, I'm on a journey that will change my priorities, my tastes and my desires. Add me if you'd like. I hope I can encourage people.