Almonds

Options
janemem
janemem Posts: 575 Member
After visiting my husband and family in Turkiye a couple of months ago my mother-in-law gave me some almonds in their shells to bring back with me.
I didn't have a nutcracker until today so I haven't been able to eat any yet but now my nutcracker has arrived and I really want to pile into the bag of nuts but I'm worried that they're not as healthy a snack as I think.
I am really low on fats and protein every day so can I eat them without too much worry?

Replies

• inkandsheep
    inkandsheep Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Nuts contain healthy fats but can be high in calories - just track them in your food diary and eat in moderation and you'll be fine.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I eat a handful of almonds everyday! So good for you in moderation.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If you're low on fats and proteins then they're perfect! But just watch the amount that you eat. I tend to portion out 15-20 nuts to have in one day.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I eat almonds almost every day, just make sure the fit into your calories and you're good. A serving is about 24-28 almonds, sometimes I'll just have a half serving.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Wow! I didn't realise you could eat that many! :smile:
    I've just tried to crack one and it was blooming hard work so I think I'll not be eating too many at a time.
    At least I'll get a mini-workout while cracking them though, lol! :laugh: