I suck.

Options
chelley_79
chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
Always have been overweight... got gastric which changed my life... best thing I ever did... lost 180lbs... had my daughter and a knee surgery.... gained 40lbs back... having trouble regrouping... got a lot of self loathing going on lately. Hope this helps.

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    look on the brightside. its only 40 pounds!
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that. :smile:
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! You HAVE TO start thinking positively though...that negativity is only going to bring you down. Start today. We're here for you for support! Believe in yourself - you have lost it once before. I still have 45 lbs to my goal....just take it day by day! :) Hang in there!
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options

Exactly! Last time I did this, I lost 45 lbs and then gained back 90. Acknowledge the misstep, think about what made you successful before, and then set some small goals to get you back on track.

When I don't feel like working out or logging my food, I just do it anyway. I'll allow myself to throw a temper tantrum in my head, but I still get some exercise and keep track of what I'm eating. It keeps me from the slippery slope of taking a few days off turning into a few months.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You don't suck. You lost 180 pounds! =) Only forty to lose now. There are a lot of amazing people here who have lost 40 pounds or more with hard work and dedication.
  • deep220
    deep220 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We have all been there. I have been overweight most of my life and then I actually got down to my goal weight of 155 pounds for a couple years. But as life happens I am now back up to 219. The good news is you already know you can lose the weight. On top of that it's summer time with the best weather for outdoor activities that are both good entertainment and excerise. Don't worry you will get back on track! Don't give up!
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

Exactly! Last time I did this, I lost 45 lbs and then gained back 90. Acknowledge the misstep, think about what made you successful before, and then set some small goals to get you back on track.

When I don't feel like working out or logging my food, I just do it anyway. I'll allow myself to throw a temper tantrum in my head, but I still get some exercise and keep track of what I'm eating. It keeps me from the slippery slope of taking a few days off turning into a few months.

This is some big wisdom here. Yep.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    No, you don't suck ...... but you do sound a bit tired & down .....

Start making small constructive changes ....... clean out your fridge and/or pantry ..... try a healthy new recipe ..... get some fresh air ..... baby steps work wonders !

Best of luck to you !