I am baffled

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So I started this journey when i weighed in at 143lbs...around my belly was 40 inches the smallest part of my waist was 30inches and my hips were 41".......so I am down 20lbs around my belly button is 30" smallest part of my waist is 28" and my hips are 37"......heres the weird thing......i know i was squeezing into a size 11 when i was that big........my pants were deff a little snug, but now i am still in a size 11 lol....they arent snug but they fit....wouldnt 10inches around the belly button make a big enough difference even to go down to a size 9?!...grrrrr lol

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    First of all, congratulations on your weight loss!! :drinker: Especially losing all those inches! :drinker: From what I read you said you were squeezing into 11s so you probably could have been wearing 13s or so. Now you say that the 11s are not snug so I am thinking depending on the brand and type of clothes you could definitely wear a smaller size. But you know, I would be really happy with all the changes you have made instead of focusing on a size. How do you feel now? That is what is most important! Clothing manufacturers are different and it can really drive you crazy. I have in my closet clothes in different sizes, it is ridiculous. Continue to do what you are doing, it is working for you and enjoy every minute of it. Congrats again! :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Awesome on the weight loss!

Sometimes with belly weight, if you typically wear pants on your hips as I do, then the belly measurements don't play as much into it.

And I agree with alf1163, it truly depends on the type of jeans. I find the more expense style jeans (which I buy from goodwill for $2.50) tend to fit better than the Target or Wal-Mart brands.

Keep up the terrific job!
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    i feel ya!!
    i'm going threw the same thing..i still can not get into a pair of dress pants that i still have in my closet and refuse to throw them out...but i can put them on and button them.. but still feel a little tight..maybe my body is changing..i dont know..but i'm not giving up just yet!!!
This discussion has been closed.