Ladies 5'5 - 5'6 (around 170lbs)

Options
2»

Replies

• goneforever521
    goneforever521 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and have gone from 202 to 176 since January. Average calories per day 1630. Exercise an hour a day on average.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm 5'5-5'6 and about 154 these days.... I eat anywhere from 1200-1400 a day with working out 5 days a week.1200 is the least amount of calories to knock it down too so you should never go below that a daily basis. But 1400 is still a low enough amount for you to lose weight.

I also never eat back calories from exercise. I wont lose weight that way.
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, 24 years old, 172lbs and I eat a minimum of 1600 cals (My BMR) per day up to about 2000 depending on exercise. I've been losing about a pound per week.
  • tko831
    tko831 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am around 5'4 and 162 lbs, i am having the same problem and i am stuck at 162. I have also been eating 1200 before exercising. After reading a lot of posts, i have decided to up my calories by 100 for a week or two and see how it goes. If I start losing weight again, then I know where I need to stay. If I still don't lose anymore weight, then i will go up another 100 calories. I decided to do this until i find the perfect amount of calories for me.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi
    How old are you? That makes a difference ( I know - I am 44.) Check out http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

if you plug them in with a 15% cut from your TDEE, eat at least your BMR.
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Very interesting read. *bumping to stay in the loop here. Some days I find it hard to get to 1200. Others I have a hard time staying close and go way over. Any ideas for meal plans? What does a good day look like for you?
  • etrader24
    etrader24 Posts: 21
    Options
    it doesnt matter how many calories you are eating, it matters how much nutritional value you get out of those calories. so if you eat a cake and a pizza every single day and that put together is 1400 calories, then you are getting no nutrients out of that. it really depends what you are eating to determine whether you will lose weight or not. good luck (:
  • loridianehood
    Options
    Hi there, well I am 5'6, 48 years young and 170 lbs. I recently dislocated my knee and was in a cast for 8 weeks which rendered me immobile. It has been 4 months since the injury and I am still unable to exercise. During the time I was immobile I limited myself from 800 to 1000 calories a day and I lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks. I know that is low but I ate alot. Alot of low calorie foods. I would eat cooked cauliflower and broccoli and fruits and veggies and thank goodness for my Yoplait dessert yogurts!
    Lori
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'5" 175, currently eating my TDEE of 2350 kcal/day (doing a metabolism reset from eating a vlcd for to long).
    I'll do a cut of 300 cals/day in about a month...so 2050~ for loss.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    5`5 and 167

I am set at 1440 before exercise but I cycle my cals with low and high net days to keep my body guessing

1200 net one day 1400 net another day 1800net another day then back down 1300net and so on
    it works wonders for me

ETA= I`m 32years young
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter how many calories you are eating, it matters how much nutritional value you get out of those calories. so if you eat a cake and a pizza every single day and that put together is 1400 calories, then you are getting no nutrients out of that. it really depends what you are eating to determine whether you will lose weight or not. good luck (:

untrue, as long as you're at a calorie deficit you will lose.
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'6
    SW-183
    CW-132.8
    GW-125
    UGW-123
    When I started MFP in Sept 2011 I started eating a 1200 cal but in July I increased to 1590 cal bc from June since I've lost 50lb my weight keep fluctuating between 130-135 very frustrating everyone said I need to eat more and my body was holding on to my weight : / so I changed my weight loss goal of 2lbs a week to 1/2lb a week...so far since I've started almost 2 weeks ago of increasing my cals I've lost 1.2lbs ; )
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've upped my goals from 1400 to 1570 which is around my BMR.
    I increased my goals (set to lose 1lb a week) because I noticed that the loss was slowing down. I have been noticing small gains, but I have decided to stick to this for at least 2 weeks before I make anymore changes. My reasoning is that it's better to find the higher end of that sweet spot for losing, than stay stuck in fear on a VLCD in the long-term