Does anyone bloat after eating Pasta?

Hi folks, just wondering does anyone else find their stomach bloated when they eat pasta? I had the smallest amount for lunch and now I feel sooo uncomfortable - happens every time I eat it yet I forget all about how that feels/affects me until next time! lol
Any ideas/solutions?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Celiac Desiese/Gluten Intolerance? Was the bloating in your upper stomach? If so, that might be the case!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    yeah, especially on my waistline - trousers tight now and uncomfortable :(
    but how come eating granary bread ok?
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Yes, that is why I do not eat it at all!!!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    but I like it sometimes lol :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    then how come anyone doing Slimming world Diet pasta is like their staple ...they can eat as much of it as they want!
    would wholewheat pasta be any better?
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    IMO, wheat is wheat, whether it is duram, whole, etc. etc. so no....not really, i don't think it makes a difference or is any better, but thats me. Your milage may vary.

I've been trying to eliminate wheat from my diet....wheat free since Saturday only, but i must say, my "bloat factor" has reduced significantly.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    its what to replace it with :(
    I do love bread and I have cut it out of my diet a LOT - I restrict myself to 2 slices per day of granary :)
  • Ginsey31
    Ginsey31 Posts: 39
    There are pastas made of things other than wheat. Look for gluten-free pastas. I recently had some yummy noodles made from yam.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Thanks, I will look out for those, didn't realise you got gluten free pasta - doh! :)
  • runcrissierun
    runcrissierun Posts: 37 Member
    sounds like a gluten intolerance. Not everything is an allergy (like Celiac's)...but sensitivies can be just as debilitating. Qunioa noodles are yummy, and I really like the brown rice ones too.

Best advice I can offer? Cut gluten out for a few weeks, and then slowly add it back in to see how you feel. You'll know soon enough if gluten is the culprit.
  • bubsyh
    bubsyh Posts: 57 Member
    Rice noodles are good.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    oh thanx for that, I do like noodles - I take it they're easy enough to find in supermarkets?
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Yes I bloat like crazy too. I try to avoid pasta.
  • I know the feeling. Sometimes it is so painful I have to lay down. It happens to me with Pasta, Rice, Fried Food, just about anything that contains Gluten. I have cut out a lot of it, I am not a big fan pf Pasta so that is not a big deal. But being hispanic we tend to eat rice with everything, so I have started substituting a small salad as my filler instead of rice. Every now and then I will have a small (very small) amount and I will be ok, but for the most part it is horrible. :-(
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    I heard that if you eat Pasta and just sit then you will feel bloated and gain weight but if you walk or do some kind of exercise it's not so bad. People that eat alot of pasta are probably very active. I did hear that wheat pasta is better though.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    I think you're right Vanessa, think being active after eating pasta might work and its probably why when I have it for tea that the same problem doesnt occur because in the evenings is when I'm most active! :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    thanx for all your comments girls, glad to know I'm not alone with this issue