WTF - weight loss in 5 months

Options
124»

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I lost 56lb in the first five months. I did start at 301lb though. Of course in the next six months I've 'only' lost a further twenty odd pounds.

It will take me however long to lose this weight. My goal is to lose another 65lb by July 13 next year (I'll be 30 that day) but if I only lose 40/50 I won't be devestated. Because I'll still be getting there.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Stop measuring your success by the scale. You have lost 10 inches combined. If you look at your BMI (body mass index) you have gone from 33% fat to 30% fat. With diet and exercise you may lose one pound of fat and gain one pound of muscle. Weight doesn't change but clothes are looser and BMI goes down. Fat takes up more volume than muscle. Much the same way a pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of rocks but it takes a bigger bag of feathers to reach one pound.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who posted with something nice and also constructive advice.

Maybe i was having a bad day - I guess we all have them.

i thought i would update. My weight has gone down by 2.2lbs in the last 6 weeks (it has gone up and down - but I'm now in Onederland!!!) The best news though is that I started this journey at 219.5lbs and a UK size 18 (which was tight!), today i weigh in at 198.6lbs and I was wearing size 14 jeans (granted they have some stretch in them - so not completely a 14 in say cotton trousers - but they wouldn't have fit even 2 weeks ago!).

Big thanks and a reminder to myself that - the weight and the inches don't appear to be coming off much but I definitely feel more toned and I'm wearing smaller clothes.

thanks again. xx
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who posted with something nice and also constructive advice.

Maybe i was having a bad day - I guess we all have them.

i thought i would update. My weight has gone down by 2.2lbs in the last 6 weeks (it has gone up and down - but I'm now in Onederland!!!) The best news though is that I started this journey at 219.5lbs and a UK size 18 (which was tight!), today i weigh in at 198.6lbs and I was wearing size 14 jeans (granted they have some stretch in them - so not completely a 14 in say cotton trousers - but they wouldn't have fit even 2 weeks ago!).

Big thanks and a reminder to myself that - the weight and the inches don't appear to be coming off much but I definitely feel more toned and I'm wearing smaller clothes.

thanks again. xx

Hi Christine

WTG on getting into those size 14s!!! That is a huge achievement!!!

All the very best on you eventually reaching your goal xxx
  • preslyann50
    preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just wanted to let you know. I am in nursing school and we had our nutrition part last semester. You can lose a bunch of weight quickly of course if you aren't eating the amount of calories your body needs to do your everyday activities such as breathing and sleeping. This is your BMR, you should NEVER go below your BMR. That would explain why you are gaining weight so quickly when you eat more because you aren't eating the amount of calories you need.

The best way to lose the weight you need is to find out what your BMR is and go from there. Yeah if you go straight to only 1200 calories (and your body is in starvation mode by then) you will lose the weight fast, but you will constantly have a struggle versus if you eat what you are suppose to eat, the effects will last longer without even thinking about it. I can almost guarantee you that those people eating crazy low calorie amounts will either gain their weight back or will have some type of health problem in the future.

Your current weight loss is amazing and be proud of what you have already done! Keep it up girl!