Hey everyone.

Options
Hey my name is Melissa. I just stumbled upon this site, and already love it..I can see where it can really help someone stay on track...I'm so excited to ue this site to better myself. I am a mother of 2 and currently belong to Curves for women..and love it..My body is starting to transform and I am begining to actually like looking at myself, and I just started on July 24th. I lost 10 ponds in first month. I'm eating better and very motivated. I just love love love exercise..and would love to meet other who also do..Take care everyone

Replies

• tinambird
    Options
    My name is Tina. I am a mother of 2. Happily married. I hit a point in my life where I just got tired of counting calories and watching everything I ate. Now I am paying for it. I no longer fit in any of my "skinny jeans" and now am starting all over again only heavier. I need support.
  • spooky
    spooky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do curves (6 years now)also - if you want to add me to your friends list, I'll give you some pointers! I've dropped 4 dress sizes and 36 inches !! you will love this site ! Make sure you eat at least 1/2 of your extra exercise calories. :drinker: :smile: :heart:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa and Tina..... and good luck on your weight loss journey
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa and Tina..... and good luck on your weight loss journey

I second Megan's welcome! :flowerforyou: And would also like to add that between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome above I totally agree with BRENNEW :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tinambird
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I hope to lose pounds and inches with this website and having to blog everyday keeps me accountable. I just ordered the wii fit board and the ae sports active. I have been reading all the reviews on it and it seems everyone loves it. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.:happy:
  • tinambird
    Options
    I have a quick question. I am trying to add my ticker to my signature but it isn't working. No matter which ticker I use they all don't work. I tried using the top one and then the bottom one. *sigh* :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    copy the code for the ticker and then go to your home page, then to settings, then to change forum signature, you should know what to do from there. I hope this helps.
  • terriannjones
    terriannjones Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All. My name is Terri Ann and I am the mother of 2. One of which just started college and my youngest just started High School. I was finally sick and tired of not losing the weight from my second child (almost 15 years ago). I will turn 40 this year and would "LOVE" to be back to around 130 pounds by November.

I stumbled across this site looking for a way to get motivated. I became a member on July 11 and love it. I started out at 165.1 pounds and I am now 150.0 pounds. This site is wonderful, if you use the guidelines it gives you - IT DOES WORK.

I am finding however, that it is getting harder to lose that pound each week. But I am sure if I stick with it I will continue to get closer to my goal weight.

I know in my heart, without finding this site and sticking with it, I could never be where I am right now. As my journey gets harder, I am looking for some moral support from people that are going through the same things.

I would love any advice that you can share.

Congratulations to all of you who are becoming more healthy. I am proud of all of you. Thank you myfitnesspal.com I could have done this without you.
  • djones1558
    Options
    Hi Terri Ann!
    You look so great! I am very proud of you. Now if I can just get as motivated as you have been. Don't give up! You have come so far and worked too hard.

I luv ya!

SSS
  • imathrower
    Options
    Hi, my name is Taylor. I'm an 18 year old highschool senior. I've always been short and on the stocky side. I throw shot put, so I'm pretty muscular, but I won't lie, up to this point, I haven't given what I eat any thought whatsoever. My dad was heavy. My mom is heavy. I'm looking to break out of the cycle.
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Hi, my name is Taylor. I'm an 18 year old highschool senior. I've always been short and on the stocky side. I throw shot put, so I'm pretty muscular, but I won't lie, up to this point, I haven't given what I eat any thought whatsoever. My dad was heavy. My mom is heavy. I'm looking to break out of the cycle.

Hi Taylor, and welcome! :flowerforyou: You CAN lose the weight that you want to here! Words can't describe just how awesome MFP is! It REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! Stick with it, and you won't be sorry you did! :smile:
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Hi All. My name is Terri Ann and I am the mother of 2. One of which just started college and my youngest just started High School. I was finally sick and tired of not losing the weight from my second child (almost 15 years ago). I will turn 40 this year and would "LOVE" to be back to around 130 pounds by November.

I stumbled across this site looking for a way to get motivated. I became a member on July 11 and love it. I started out at 165.1 pounds and I am now 150.0 pounds. This site is wonderful, if you use the guidelines it gives you - IT DOES WORK.

I am finding however, that it is getting harder to lose that pound each week. But I am sure if I stick with it I will continue to get closer to my goal weight.

I know in my heart, without finding this site and sticking with it, I could never be where I am right now. As my journey gets harder, I am looking for some moral support from people that are going through the same things.

I would love any advice that you can share.

Congratulations to all of you who are becoming more healthy. I am proud of all of you. Thank you myfitnesspal.com I could have done this without you.

Hi Teri Anne, welcome! :flowerforyou:
    You're doing great, just keep "working with your numbers" and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
    I know from experience that I've even had like 4 or 5 weeks in a row of just staying the same. But, eventually, the weight DOES start to come off! :happy: Slow and steady wins the race! :wink:
  • malynch08
    Options
    WE all need support, that's for sure..I'm happy you are doing something about it now..It's exciting isnt it? Im so excited and looking foward to the ever changing me..
  • tinambird
    Options
    Hi Just checking in to say "hi" and to see how everyone is doing?? I weighed in this morning at 146.5. I guess this site doesnt count 1/2 pounds. Oh well. I still can't ge tmy ticker to work. I followed the directions to the "T" and it just shows an empty box with a lil box in the upper left hand corner. *sigh*. I hope everyone is doing good and staying on track. I have to work on logging all my food. I do breakfast then stop. So I'm really not sure how many calories I'm eating. Well hope everyone has a great day.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome and thanks for the add!!!

2008 was the year of weddings in my world. I was in 4 weddings that year, my kiddo was flowergirl in 3 of them. The bridesmaid dress in your profile photo -- I wore that same dress in 2 weddings that year, in "pool blue" and sapphire blue. :laugh: Popular dress!
  • hollyj77
    hollyj77 Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi, my name is Holly. I am trying MFP this time around. I tried SparkPeople twice but never kept up with it. Maybe it was too much, a lot of emails, message boards, etc..... or maybe I just got lazy like I typically do after a month of "starting over"! Well here I am, at square 1 again! I have got to stay with it this time or I am going to continue feeling bad about myself and buying bigger clothes! YUCK!! Anyway, I hope to find encouragement and support here, and I will do the same for all of you! :wink: :heart: I have a long way to go! So....here we go again!! Good luck everyone!

265860.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Holly. I am trying MFP this time around. I tried SparkPeople twice but never kept up with it. Maybe it was too much, a lot of emails, message boards, etc..... or maybe I just got lazy like I typically do after a month of "starting over"! Well here I am, at square 1 again! I have got to stay with it this time or I am going to continue feeling bad about myself and buying bigger clothes! YUCK!! Anyway, I hope to find encouragement and support here, and I will do the same for all of you! :wink: :heart: I have a long way to go! So....here we go again!! Good luck everyone!

265860.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
    GOOD LUCK HOLLY!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS .....we are here to motivate and support ya so best of luck