Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

You can bicker, you can talk, you can talk, talk, talk

half_moon
half_moon Posts: 807 Member
Has anybody noticed that once you start calorie counting and working out every day, it becomes a struggle to think/talk about anything else? I’ve just noticed this, and I’m worried I am starting to annoy friends/husband/myself. I hear it blubbering out of my mouth but I can’t stop it! If I’m on the computer, I’m on MFP or another health-oriented website. If I’m not working out, I’m talking about new routine ideas and weights and running times. It’s like word vomit! I can’t help it. Does anybody who wears their heart on their sleeve (like I do) find it hard to keep the change internal? Any suggestions to help me NOT drive my peers away? I don’t want to become the stereotype of a chubby girl that only talks about dieting.

Do you guys talk about nutrition and exercise excessively? I’m starting to annoy myself! This is normal, right?

Replies

• kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Has anybody noticed that once you start calorie counting and working out every day, it becomes a struggle to think/talk about anything else? I’ve just noticed this, and I’m worried I am starting to annoy friends/husband/myself. I hear it blubbering out of my mouth but I can’t stop it! If I’m on the computer, I’m on MFP or another health-oriented website. If I’m not working out, I’m talking about new routine ideas and weights and running times. It’s like word vomit! I can’t help it. Does anybody who wears their heart on their sleeve (like I do) find it hard to keep the change internal? Any suggestions to help me NOT drive my peers away? I don’t want to become the stereotype of a chubby girl that only talks about dieting.

Do you guys talk about nutrition and exercise excessively? I’m starting to annoy myself! This is normal, right?

I do it.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    You just joined, and therefore are experiencing what we like to call "MFPexcitmentitis". It will go away...in time...like a year or so...:drinker:
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,131 Member
    When I was new here, it was all I talked about and I know I annoyed people. Now that it has been a few months, I don't think about it 24/7!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    One of my bf's friends tried to tell us that you do not need dietary fat and my brain almost exploded out of my head.
  • Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    it will wear off! all the best on your weight loss journey!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    My mother has actually become unsupportive because she is annoyed by how much I talk about it. Especially since she thinks I've reached perfection and doesn't support me trying to get down to 17% body fat.

So I don't talk about it anymore unless she brings it up (which was a good idea, because usually when she brings it up its to actually say something positive).
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    My wife is not to supportive of my weight loss. I don't bring it up/mention it unless she does.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    I do it too. I think it's driving my husband a little crazy.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    ^^^ why is that? (Wife doesn't support weightloss)
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Yes, it happens to me too. The first time I tried this last year I jumped in with both feet and it was all I talked about. Then I fell off the wagon. I'm trying to make sure that doesn't happen this time so that maybe it will be easier to stick with it, so it doesn't become a burden. I want it to be a part of my life, not be my life.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    I do tend to talk about but I have found that me talking about it has inspired some friends and family to get up and get moving to to better their health and lifestyle. I have annoyed some people and they just roll their eyes now but then again, they try to be supportive of me as well. I also find that if I talk about it, people expect me to be doing it so its kind insurance that I will keep my butt moving and headed towards my goal.

Maybe you will influence others to make better decisions in their life. You can add me and talk away :) Its nice to find others as committed and who also talk about the health things we are doing as much as I do. :D
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    I've been doing it for SO long it has become a part of me. I have all new friends now! Healthy, fit, and active friends; not drinking, smoking, partying, Waffle House at 4 am after the club friends! It's a lifestyle!!!! It makes me happy!

Do what makes you happy. :bigsmile:

Sara
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 324 Member
    i do it all the time.. my husband and i are losing weight together so we probably really bug our friends who are not looking to lose weight....but those who are thinking about it or need to feel free to ask us questions and stuff like that...

im sure it will subside once its not so new....?
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Now its been over 4 years I dont even think about it havent for a long time unless I am about to go food shopping or prepare the meals then I tend to make a mental list and figure the calories I do know what is in the closets and the fridge at all times also
  • MMAGZ16
    MMAGZ16 Posts: 9 Member
    to the people with unsupportive spouses... Im so sorry, that's horrible. Im sorry you have to go through that. A spouse should be the one person who is always is first with unconditional support.

I related so much with this post, I am in the same boat, you spoke the words of my heart, I try to stop myself from talking about it cause it does get annoying but its so hard not to.