Really Big Zumba Gal

Options
2»

Replies

• erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I went to zumba for a long time at my local Y. There are women (and a few brave men) of all shapes and sizes, ages and abilities. There was a woman there and she had to be close to 80, she was barely moving but she was moving! Big women, small women, please don't be afraid to go, it is very fun and burns tons of calories without feeling like you're really working out.
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    I love zumba. I started at 311 and have enjoyed it from the beginning, on down to where I am today. When I went on vacation to the North East for 2 weeks I missed my classes badly. Whenever I hear one of the songs from class my mind totally goes to Zumba.

My instructor is small, but very fun and nice. But I do like the idea of a larger instructor; it's nice to see people of all sizes teaching fitness!
  • heatherambrosia
    Options
    I love zumba. I started at 311 and have enjoyed it from the beginning, on down to where I am today. When I went on vacation to the North East for 2 weeks I missed my classes badly. Whenever I hear one of the songs from class my mind totally goes to Zumba.

My instructor is small, but very fun and nice. But I do like the idea of a larger instructor; it's nice to see people of all sizes teaching fitness!

I'm right there with you! Started at 343, and I've done Zumba, hip hop classes... you name it. I know I got a little more rump in my rump shaker, but not for long!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options

I'm right there with you! Started at 343, and I've done Zumba, hip hop classes... you name it. I know I got a little more rump in my rump shaker, but not for long!

That is awesome, ladies! I think I'm going to find a class tonight!
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Great story...I am 244lbs and in my weekly Zumba class, I am not the best or the biggest person there, but we all have fun and work our butts off!