What do you log?

Options
2»

Replies

• MandyMoos1978
    MandyMoos1978 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I log everything that I consume minus gum. If you dont log it who are you fooling??? Your body knows what goes in and out, God knows what you do and you know what you do... Hiding it from people that help motivate and support you is pointless. Your not fooling anyone. Thats my intake of it, you should c my log from last night, geesh!!!! Overdid it like it was my last day on earth, lol. But Im honest.

Totally agree hun! xxx
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Some people need a rigid regimen to keep them on track and others find it a tedious chore and choose not to log the minutia. I know everyone is always saying "every little bit counts" and all that but not logging a 100 or 200 incidental calories though out the day isn't a big deal, especially if you're active or have a lot of weight to lose. It's all a guesstimate in the end (no matter how precise you try and be) so as long as you're losing the weight you want and expect to lose at the end of the week it's the right way to do it.

I fall somewhere in between. I log everything but my spices (most of the time - I've been a little sloppy about logging lately) but don't use a food scale so there's probably as much variance in my log as someone who only logs the big things . If the package says there's about 4 servings in it that's good enough for me and I really don't care what size my fresh fruits and vegetables are and always choose large--some of them are absolutely gigantic though so I know I underestimate them a lot of the time. It doesn't matter. I've lost 42 pounds since I've joined and I'm happy with the rate I'm losing so it's working for me.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I log everything that I consume minus gum. If you dont log it who are you fooling??? Your body knows what goes in and out, God knows what you do and you know what you do... Hiding it from people that help motivate and support you is pointless. Your not fooling anyone. Thats my intake of it, you should c my log from last night, geesh!!!! Overdid it like it was my last day on earth, lol. But Im honest.

Totally agree hun! xxx
    I totally disagree as long as you're getting results. if not,, then rethink.. everybody's different. sorry if it ticks you off I can lie to my phone and still lose.
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't log herbs & spices, or high water veg like lettuce & cucumber
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't log my supplements. I logged fish oil but it didn't appear as anything so I stopped bothering. I also take vitamin c because I'm a smoker. I don't log that.
    I don't chew gum so I don't log it.
    But besides the supplements I log everything. Mostly to show my doctor my intake as I have metabolic syndrome and high blood pressure and they're always riding me about carbs and salt.
  • MandyMoos1978
    MandyMoos1978 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that if you are not logging everything accurately then you are only fooling yourself, even if you are losing weight. It may end up slipping into bad habits when it may actually stop you from gaining weight.
    I understand those of you who don't log calorie free things like herbs/spices/etc as those may not make much different but those who are not logging food like cheese and sauces that can contain amounts of calories etc that could make a difference to your calorie intake!
    This is just my personal opinion and it works for me when I log everything that goes into my mouth. I also weigh everything accurately so I know my calorie totals are completely accurate. If I lie and have something and don't log it, then I still know in my mind what I have eaten and mentally add it to my total and if it takes me above my calorie goal it makes me feel bad! Thats why I don't let myself get into that habit as I want to stay strict with myself and then enjoy the results!
    Thank you for your opinions, great job on your weight loss so far and all the best with your continued success!