True Starting Weight

Options
4mricandy
4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
I was thinking about what is a person's 'true starting weight?" I joined this forum on June 12 of this year. I weighed 315 lbs. Currently, I weigh 286 lbs showing a weight loss of 29 lbs. Now, that makes me darn proud, but is it truly my starting weight. I was diagnosed with diabetes in October of 1996. The summer prior to that I weighed 348 lbs (documented in doctor's office). That is the heaviest I have ever been. So, going with the 348 as my starting number I'm down 62 lbs.
Hey, I can get excited by that!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    You should be excited about that! Good for you!!! I have 190 as my MFP starting weight, but a few years ago I was 215. So I've actually lost 40 lbs, not just 15 lbs. I'm pretty excited about that!
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I personally feel you should take ticker credit fore each and every pound you have lost!!

And great job!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I personally feel you should take ticker credit fore each and every pound you have lost!!

I agree thats what i did After all this hard work not going in vain:noway: :happy: My starting weight here was 213 but I had lost 12 prior to joining mfp which was 225lbs
  • skywalker
    Options
    A few days ago I added a little note to my signature. Under my ticker, it says I lost 25 lbs before MFP.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Yeah I have as my starting weight on here 185 pounds but my heighest weight was 235 before I lost 86 pounds doing weight watchers. Joined MFP to get back on track after putting on 30 over the past 3 years.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options

I agree thats what i did After all this hard work not going in vain:noway: :happy: My starting weight here was 213 but I had lost 12 prior to joining mfp which was 225lbs

double agreed!
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Change your starting weight! You should have your ticker show all your great hard work! Just go into check-in and click on EDIT PREVIOUS ENTRIES. You can then set your start weight and start date and it will show up on your ticker.

Show off all your losses! :-)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I use my true starting weight, 325, back on December 26, 2006. From there its been a nonstop fight.

I've put in too much effort to not give myself credit for every single pound lost - same goes for every single one of you. :wink:
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Change your starting weight! You should have your ticker show all your great hard work! Just go into check-in and click on EDIT PREVIOUS ENTRIES. You can then set your start weight and start date and it will show up on your ticker.

Show off all your losses! :-)

I like that idea and I will do it as soon as I finish this entry. My start weight 5 years ago was 200 lbs. This journey has me at 146 now with some bumps along the way. The newest leg started in May with me at 158.:flowerforyou:
  • crenchen
    crenchen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My starting weight with mfp is 219 but I was my heaviest about a year ago at 236.
  • skywalker
    Options
    After reading all these posts, I decided to change my starting weight to 215 lbs, which is where I was a few years ago. I can't even believe that I've lost 40 lbs (15 of it with MFP). That actually gives me more motivation! :bigsmile: At my MFP starting weight of 190, I have not yet reached my halfway point, but starting at 215 means I've gone 5 lbs beyond halfway. :happy: 40 down, 30 lbs to go!!! WoooHooo!!! :laugh: :drinker: :laugh:
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Its funny that you posted this today. because i started my starting weight at 186 at first. but i weighed 192 for a short time before so i changed it to 192 today lol.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    BRAVO everybody! Wow! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I lost about 25 lbs. before finding MFP. But I wanted to document my weight loss starting at my highest point ever, which was about a year ago.

I think it's great to chart the whole journey we've been on, not just from where we started with MFP.

ROCK ON MFP Peeps! :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • justmegan
    Options
    I can relate... my MFP starting weight is 252, I believe. But when I first decided to get my fitness back on track in January (and then promptly gave up again by February!) I weighed 262... So since THEN, I've actually lost 14 lbs! Yay... I mean, sure 14 lbs in 8 months isn't too impressive, but hey... I like to think of it as a good head start on my new (and extra-motivated) life.. (BTW, I've lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks since I've gotten back into the swing of things, so.. times they are a'changin!) :wink:
  • justmegan
    Options
    Oh, duh... I just saw my own damn ticker! My starting weight was 255 on MFP! Whatever... :blushing:
  • justmegan
    Options
    Ok, you've convinced me! I'm chaning my starting weight! :laugh:
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Okay, you people talked me into it!I'm changing my starting weight to reflect the 348 lbs I weighed when i was diagnosed with diabetes. Thanks for the support
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!