Trim for Turkey Day!

Options
I was looking for a group to lose weight by Turkey day! I have not found one so I wandered if anyone would be interested in joining. I have been part of many groups but never in charge. I would like to start on this Thursday the 27th of August. I would like it to go until Thanksgiving which is the 26th of November. That is 13 weeks. If you are interested in Joining post your start weight and goal weight. Then we will weigh in weekly on Thursdays. I think that is a nice day because it is before the weekend. If anyone has any tips or ideas I am all ears. If you all want we can do weekly challanges. I look forward to meeting you.

Here is my info-
Start Weight- 192.2
Goal Weight- 175

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'm in!!! I'm in a Halloween challenge group too. I'm shooting for 167 lbs by Halloween, so I'd like to lose an additional 7 lbs by Thanksgiving.

Current weight 175 lbs
    Thanksgiving Goal 160 lbs
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I would love to join! I was thinking the same thing!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea:drinker:

Today156.7

I'm being hopefull at a pound a week so goal: 142

Good luck everyone:heart:
  • katemadrigal
    Options
    Would love to join as well ;) I started MFP in April with great results and have gained it all back except for 1 pound! I also work out about 5x a week so I know it's from poor food choices/over-eating. Need this group to hold me accountable.

Starting weight: 159 lbs
    GOAL for Turkey Day: 142

Thanks!!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    awesome! i'm totally in.
    i'm starting at 140 so i'd like to be at 130 (it's ridiculously hard for me to lose)
  • feel_the_love
    Options
    This sounds like something I need..I will totally join!:happy:

My current weight is 153
    My goal weight is 130. (I know that will not happen by thanksgiving but I will try to get as close to that as possible!)
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome Im In to current weight 181lb
  • ZenDivaDP
    ZenDivaDP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Just what I was thinking! I'd like to join too!

Current weight 145 lbs.
    Thanksgiving goal is 130 lbs.

Good luck to all!

And thanks for starting this group!!
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone thanks for joining in! Even though most of us have put our weight we will use our weight on Thursday as our start weight for this goal. I will put all our info in an excel spreadsheet to keep track of start weight, goal weight and total weight lost (during our group).
  • feel_the_love
    Options
    ok that sounds good. We should do some weekly challeges like try to work out 30 mins longer or do 50 more sit ups..idk just something to keep it fun :wink:
  • sara520
    sara520 Posts: 14
    Options
    Ohh, I want to join. I will weigh in on Thursday!
  • joanewright
    Options
    Count me in.
    Current weight: 180
    Goal weight by Thanksgiving: 169
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    See you guys on thursday
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    I will see you on Thursday also. Need to get the drink your water challenge going'
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    I will probably do something basic like the water challenge first and then we can move into harder challenges. I can let you all pick a challenge everyweek or you all can just start naming some off and I will keep track of them.
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    im in not sharing weight my own neaurosis but christina ( please say i didnt mix ur name up? ) and i were in the sisterhood of the holy crap i fit into these pants group which disappeared so i could use support my true goal is dec 30 but the earlier the better u know new years and all
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    im in not sharing weight my own neaurosis but christina ( please say i didnt mix ur name up? ) and i were in the sisterhood of the holy crap i fit into these pants group which disappeared so i could use support my true goal is dec 30 but the earlier the better u know new years and all
    You were pretty close. It is Christine. Thanks for joining us!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Ok. Thursday check-in... Same as my original check-in so far... :tongue:
    175 lbs
    Turkey Day Goal 160 lbs
    15 to go!!

Good luck,everyone! :drinker:
  • artichoke
    Options
    I'm in! I need the motivation of knowing that others are interested in helping me meet my goal...not to mention possibly being able to help motivate someone else to stick to it!

Great idea!!

Here is my info:
    Start Weight- 150.5 - today!!
    13 weeks at 1.2lbs/week average
    Goal Weight- 135

I'm headed out of town today, and am DETERMINED to not fall off the diet wagon by catching up with friends over too many beers (which is usually what happens) One is enough - I don't need the carbs!!

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it!!
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Hey everyone I started a new thread. Still under movtivation and support. It is the one to post your start weight. If you posted it here already I can get it. Not a problem.