Net calories????

Options
Hey! So I'm just a week into this and have had so many people explain net and I'm still confused! So I thought I understood until I googled net calories. Everything I'm reading says I need a negative net to actually lose weight. Someone plz explain! Maybe it was that site in particular that uses a negative... Idk but now I'm feeling more confused then beginning! So which helps u lose weight -500 net or 1200 net?

Replies

• itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Hey! So I'm just a week into this and have had so many people explain net and I'm still confused! So I thought I understood until I googled net calories. Everything I'm reading says I need a negative net to actually lose weight. Someone plz explain! Maybe it was that site in particular that uses a negative... Idk but now I'm feeling more confused then beginning! So which helps u lose weight -500 net or 1200 net?

No. You don't want to eat less than 1200 calories a day period. You'll end up damaging your metabolism and who knows what else. It's really simple, you're stressing yourself out too much over this. Your net is this : calories consumed - exercise calories.