Woohoo! Roller coasters! NSV

Options
We go to Six Flags often (a few times a summer) because it is close and I love roller coasters. I used to love going on the roller coasters and just having a blast with my husband and daughter. Sadly, a few years ago I became too big to fit on the rides I wanted to ride. :brokenheart: I was embarrassed and ashamed. I gave up on riding rides for years. I had no one to blame but myself.

I would go with and use excuses like "You guys go ahead, I am not feeling well" and "I should stay and watch our stuff". I would sit back and watch the fun my family had while I knew in my heart I was missing it terribly. :frown:

We went yesterday. I rode rides. I fit on the rides. I loved every minute of it and we are going back in a couple of weeks so I can do it again!

I fit on the Batman...4 years ago, they couldn't get the restraints on me. I fit on the Batman! Without a struggle. :bigsmile:

Replies

• kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That is such a great NSV!!! :) I'm sure you were able to enjoy your entire amusement park trip so much more!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV. How exciting for you and I bet your family was happy too! Now, you go, go go and have fun, fun, fun! You obviously have worked very hard and you deserve that fun. Congratulations to you!
  • Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT NSV..what a wonderful feeling. Im so happy you were able to enjoy yourself alongside your precious family!! Keep up the great work.
  • yesi911
    yesi911 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I really like Six Flags too but the hubby is too afraid to get on the rides : (
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    wtg!!!
  • denisekh88
    denisekh88 Posts: 53
    Options
    Great job! You shoud be proud of yourself :)
  • terrinoland
    Options
    Awesome victory!!! Way to go, girl!!!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    yay for you!!! Have a blast 0 you deserve it!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    That is such an awesome NSV!!!! Congrats!
    I LOVE roller coasters. haven't been in years. Mostly because I'm afraid of this reason not being able to fit on the rides. Even with the weight loss I'm too nervous to try just to be rejected and embarrassed. So maybe once I hit my goal I will be able to feel comfortable enough to go. Or at least closer to it.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That is such an awesome NSV!!!! Congrats!
    I LOVE roller coasters. haven't been in years. Mostly because I'm afraid of this reason not being able to fit on the rides. Even with the weight loss I'm too nervous to try just to be rejected and embarrassed. So maybe once I hit my goal I will be able to feel comfortable enough to go. Or at least closer to it.

You weigh less than me! I am sure you would fit just fine. How tall are you? I am 5' 7" (maybe 5' 8") .
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    congrats! that's such a great NSV!

Enjoy the rides :)
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Thats an awesome NSV!! :bigsmile:
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
    It is one of my goals as well to ride in teh front row of rides again. I have to sit in the "fat person" seat.

-high five!-
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I had a similar experience last weekend, went to the amusement park and rode the "swings" with my son, and I didn't take up the entire seat of the swing! It was a great feeling! There was space next to me!! :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • beckerkimb
    beckerkimb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you. Your story really hit home for me! I went with my students on a field trip to Six Flags at the end of the school year. I was able to ride all the rides in the morning and it was great. Then we got to the new ride... and my hips wouldn't fit. I don't think I was ever so embarrassed. That's what put my but in gear and made me decide that I need to lose this weight! Again, I am so happy about your success... it gives me hope!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Thtat is *so* awesome! We have 2 amusement parks here and I am really wanting to go soon and see if I can ride stuff this summer. Fingers crossed! Congrats!
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It is definitely worth it! Also, some of the water slides have a weight limit (which I didn't know!) and I was under that as well. :) But I didn't ride those (traumatic slide experience)!
  • jgthomas78
    jgthomas78 Posts: 81
    Options
    Wish my brother would read this. When we went to an amusement park and he couldn't ride most of the rides last year, it made me really sad for him b/c I know how much he loves roller coasters. Hopefully soon he will see the light and try to get healthy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!