Lost 100 Gained 20

oceangirl
oceangirl Posts: 1
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I am an Alaskan woman, age 50, who from May 2003 until June 2004 lost 100 pounds. No magic pills, no surgeries, just hard work. I tell people I got my head in the game and just did it.

I have always had to watch my weight and have lost 20-30 pounds several times. I was very unhappy and in 8 years blossomed up to 300 plus a few pounds.

Two things I did were to not even eat a bite of food 3 hours before I went to bed. If I slipped I would stay up and exercise. Another thing that worked for me was eating the European Style using the knife in the right hand and the fork in the left. This gives you time to play with your food especially if you have never eaten this way. While you’re eating much more slowly the calories have time to catch up with you and you won’t eat so much, feeling fuller quicker and eating less. My problem is I can now eat with both hands just as fast as the other. 

In Alaska we have very long days of darkness and inclement weather. It didn’t detour me weighing 300 pounds. I went out at night and ran up and down my street where no one could see me bouncing along. Remember it not bad weather just bad clothing.

I have gained 20 pounds back just from complacency
and possibly the estrogen has made a little dent in the gain but not 20 pounds worth. How could I possibly loose 100 pounds then do this to myself. GGRRRRRR

Help, I can’t seem to get my motivation back.

Replies

• GypsyQueen
    GypsyQueen Posts: 19 Member
    Oceangirl,
    We have a lot in common I also lost a large amount of weight (three years ago) and sadly have put back on half of it. Those old habits are a bear to break but as we know it can be done you are smart to get started back on the right track now before it becomes to far out of hand. Getting back into the right frame of mind now will surly do the trick, get control and those gained pounds will soon be gone. Keep posting your progress please I will be looking in to see how you are doing.....Be Strong!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    The great thing is, you are here!!! :flowerforyou: You said it yourself, you got complacient. Well, it seems like you are over that. So, do what you know how to do. You've already lost this weight once, it will come off again. Stop beating yourself up about the past, because today, you are here - and thats all that matters.

I wish I had been as smart as you are now. 25 years ago, I lost 75 lbs. I felt great, and I was really happy about it. Then, I got complacient, and rather than do something about it, I pretended nothing was wrong. So, here I am, 250 lbs later at the age of 50. When I say 250 lbs later, I mean that is what I have gained in the past 25 years. My goal is to lose 266 lbs. I started on the 17th. You are my hero, because here you are. Thanks for joining!
This discussion has been closed.