Scared to Eat

Options
2»

Replies

• alibyouss
    alibyouss Posts: 129
    Options
    VERY GOOD POST, COMPLETLY AGREE WITH YOU
    Definitely look into talking with a therapist for starters. Take the pressure off yourself about losing and make healthy changes and don't focus on the weight loss.

I had a hard time with food and I think I have finally gotten to a point where we can have a healthy relationship. I set my goal and eat back my exercise calories. I try to make healthy choice, but no food is off limits so I don't feel deprived in anyway. I generally eat beween 1500-2000 calories a day so I feel full and not like I am dieting. If I want extra food or to have a few drinks, I try and do an extra walk. I try to eat within a range of my goal, because honestly it isn't going to be exact anyway. Don't get stuck on the calorie #'s or the scale #'s.

I go to the gym 2-4x / week for cardio and weights and I walk on the other days. I am losing weight (over 60lbs so far) but most of all I am getting healthy and strong which makes me feel better about myself. Learn to stop beating yourself up, I think sometimes we are our own worst enemies. There is no "failure" unless you quit on yourself. Somedays will be good and others will be bad but each day you start fresh and do your best.

Lastly, find some friends here. My MFP friends are the best and I can turn to them when I need to and they keep me motivated. Take it at your own speed because this isn't a race. Best of luck.